Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What ROM would you like me to compile?

Tip us?

DannyBiker
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...

quangv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you build Dirty Unicorns ROM?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

markymark567
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker View Post
Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...
Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though

Keithn
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark567 View Post
Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though
Nvidia released source, but it compiles AOSP without the extras. A ton of apps will need to be ported(if possible) from nvidia's images/OTAs to ever see it in another rom.