Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What ROM would you like me to compile?

OP joshuabg

9th September 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #71  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 335

2,390 posts
More
Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...
9th September 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Can you build Dirty Unicorns ROM?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
9th September 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 95

343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker

Doesn't flashing a custom rom mean that I'll loose all the Nvidia features and app ?

If so, I think kernel work should be more important in order to improve the experience, as Nvidia is already AOSP enough. Xposed Framework will do the rest...

Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though
10th September 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 136

540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark567

Yes currently they cannot get the nvidia apps to work except I think shield hub. But I would love to see an optimized stock rom or a linaro built stock rom. I don't think all the source code is out yet though

Nvidia released source, but it compiles AOSP without the extras. A ton of apps will need to be ported(if possible) from nvidia's images/OTAs to ever see it in another rom.
13th November 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #75  
Flag Laton, CA

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

Hello,

I would like to build some ROM's for the Sheild Tablet. I do not own a Shield Tablet but would like to contribute anyway.

Please tell me what roms you would like me to build from source. CM, AOKP, Liquid Smooth, AICP, etc. I will try to build at least one of these more if I have the time.

Edit: You can now test my build of AICP for the Shield Tablet here

It'd be super dope if you can compile LiquidSmooth w/ an OC Kernel that'll let us SHIELD owners overclock to, like, 2.8GHz. That damn Tegra K1 would haul ass! Maybe some GPU OCing support would be nice too!!!
13th November 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #76  
Flag Denver, CO

14 posts
More
My personal favorite ROMs to use are AICP and Slim. For nostalgia's sake, I'd love to see someone continue the Sorcery line of ROMs. It was my favorite to use on my Galaxy Nexus, mainly because of the a la cart additions for their proprietary add-ons as well as other helpful features, much like the Xposed depository. Unfortunately, they discontinued their development well before KitKat.

Although, any ROM I flash would need to include LTE and controller support. It's an absolute necessity for me. However, I understand that's a lot to ask.. As far as I know, I don't think the device tree has been released for the LTE version, so I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Truth be told, what I would appreciate most of all is a custom kernel that would allow me to undervolt and allow for discrete CPU frequencies that aren't linked to each other. The stock kernel only allows for the minimum and the maximum frequencies to be the same, so I can never get very good deep sleep/screen off battery life since the processor is always running at least 2 cores at 1500mhz.

I do appreciate the offer and it's people like you that remind me how great this community, and the Android community in general, truly is.

-Travis
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread