FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] DirectStylus Drawing/Sketching Experience?

21st September 2014, 10:31 PM |#11  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 93

More
@Kirrrr Thanks for the videos. It seems to me like they optimized the ability for the touchscreen digititzer to pick up the size of a touch. The soft tip of the pen changes its size depending on the way you hold it and the pressure. Reporting of touch size is actually build in to android. I tested it and different fingers report different sizes. My pinky 1 - 2, forefinger 2 - 4 and thumb 3 - 5. I think that lots of drawing apps don't take advantage of this because the variance is so small when using the same finger. It seems like they where using a customized version of sketchbook that actually takes the touch size into account. I doubt the tip is going to last long and it didn't look like the tip is replacable. Software wise what they did is impressive, but I think I'm going to skip this tablet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread