OP bzowk

3rd September 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
Hey Guys -

I've had a Shield Tablet for a couple of weeks and overall like it a bit better than the Portable I have. The worst thing about mine is that when powering on sometimes, Wi-Fi is greyed to where I can't even turn it on or off. Restarting fixes it sometimes, but up until recently x15 restarts in a row had it greyed out. I contacted Nvidia Support yesterday and they basically said it seemed like a bad unit. Long story short, before returning it, I wanted to try to update to the newest version, but had to do so via fastboot as OTA updating threw an error (it's rooted.)

Before doing this, I used Titanium to backup. As I have a 64gb SD which was 3/4 full, I configured Titanium to only back up each application's data. I also had previously had Google backup via my account - just the default stuff which may only get system configurations. I didn't have too much I wanted to keep except for my XCOM save games which I had worked on for 3 weeks. XCOM was installed to the tablet, but had been moved to the SD card.

After applying the update, the tablet was obviously completely clean except for the SD. I re-rooted, re-installed everything, then used Titanium to restore app data.

Upon opening XCOM, the initial "Resume Game" wasn't lit . I tried restoring it again, but no go. HOURS potentially wasted!

I'm trying to find any way to possibly get them back. Below is all I can think of so far:

- When setting tablet back up, I choose NOT to have it backup / restore. I know in iCloud, you can browse old OEM Online backups and download files with 3rd party tools. Is there a way to do this with Android - if it even would have backed it up in the first place?

- I still have the Titanium Backup - Is it possible the saves are still there, but not restoring correctly for whatever reason? The backed up app was moved to the SD card, but I also moved the newly installed one

Any ideas would really be helpful. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread