FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Nvidia Shield Tablet with XBMC

20th August 2014, 10:48 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Got XBMC installed on my nvidia shield tablet but does anyone know if there is a way to get DTS or Dobly Digital bypass to work?
 
 
23rd August 2014, 12:33 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam

Got XBMC installed on my nvidia shield tablet but does anyone know if there is a way to get DTS or Dobly Digital bypass to work?

I too hope someone has a solution for this, I was really pissed off when I realize that the tablet could only output Stereo.

Why make a tablet that can double as a Console/Media Station and not support DTS or Surround.
11th September 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
shepo71's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky_B

I too hope someone has a solution for this, I was really pissed off when I realize that the tablet could only output Stereo.

Why make a tablet that can double as a Console/Media Station and not support DTS or Surround.

i was thinking about getting one, but if it cannot do DTS, then there is no hope for DTS-HD then
11th September 2014, 12:55 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Streaming to plex gives also only stereo out. Very bad.
11th September 2014, 02:29 PM |#5  
demo23019's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 615
 
More
This is typical with nvidia its same when using hdmi on their desktop GPU's

Just search online nvidia HDMI 2 channel

Might want to bring it up on their forum

https://forums.geforce.com/default/b...shield-tablet/

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
Last edited by demo23019; 11th September 2014 at 02:42 PM.
14th September 2014, 04:08 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Sarasota
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
Ahhh for real I just got a shield tablet lastnight and im running XBMCHUB install right now so I didnt get a chance to try it yet. But I cant believ this wont be fixed soon even ouya updated to allow passthru a few OTA's ago and nvidia is sooooooo much more capable then ouya. Ill keep my fingers crossed, otherwise im loving this tablet. But my favorite part of a new device is always the initial setup/tryout phase I think I have more fun optimizing and solving problems then I do actually using these things.
15th September 2014, 04:07 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I tried brining this up on the forum, but a lot of people defended Nvidia saying it was the App developers fault?!

Saying the fault lied with Netflix, Plex and others. Even though these apps work fine on other devices...

One person claims he was able to get it to work with MX Player.
I have a hard time believe that, as I've also tried MX Player, with AC 3 and DTS file, none of them worked.

Could there be some truth to this? If the Tablet manufacturer decided to cheap out an not included hardware decoding for AC 3 and DTS, could Software manufacturer patch it in software?

Though, since I paid 300$ for the damn tablet, I don't see why it would be up to every damn app manufacturer to have to pay for the DTS and AC 3 license and could see why they would never do...

Perhaps if my tablet is rooted, I could install something to cheat this...
15th September 2014, 04:26 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky_B

I tried brining this up on the forum, but a lot of people defended Nvidia saying it was the App developers fault?!

Saying the fault lied with Netflix, Plex and others. Even though these apps work fine on other devices...

One person claims he was able to get it to work with MX Player.
I have a hard time believe that, as I've also tried MX Player, with AC 3 and DTS file, none of them worked.

Could there be some truth to this? If the Tablet manufacturer decided to cheap out an not included hardware decoding for AC 3 and DTS, could Software manufacturer patch it in software?

Though, since I paid 300$ for the damn tablet, I don't see why it would be up to every damn app manufacturer to have to pay for the DTS and AC 3 license and could see why they would never do...

Perhaps if my tablet is rooted, I could install something to cheat this...

i dont belive there is, i belive its a license the nvidia may not want to pay.
16th October 2014, 05:57 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
HTMC was released on the play store and it seems to support DTS.
17th October 2014, 04:51 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Playing DTS is not the problem, DTS and AC3 (Dolbly Digital) pass through is what this thread is about. Being able to connect your tablet to an av receiver and have DTS come out instead of stereo.
Last edited by mejdam; 17th October 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes