Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone regret buying the shield?

Tip us?

solidsn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default yes i like nvidia

Sometimes you just gotta realize some very key things here. Number one is, even though there are issues with the tablet, it has only been released a little over a month ago and Nvidia is already fast at work with supporting and fixing any and ALL issues!!!!
I cant remember the last time a company was so supportive of their product. And REALLY, do any of you know how these tablets are made? I sure as heck dont. So why would you be impatient with Nvidia? There are OTHER companies which I will not name, but you know who they are. They release a portable system and just plain give up on developing for it. No Games just a brick with two analog sticks and a pretty OLED screen. What am I supposed to do with something that promises great portable hardware but NO games. PSVITA!!

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsn View Post
Sometimes you just gotta realize some very key things here. Number one is, even though there are issues with the tablet, it has only been released a little over a month ago and Nvidia is already fast at work with supporting and fixing any and ALL issues!!!!
I cant remember the last time a company was so supportive of their product. And REALLY, do any of you know how these tablets are made? I sure as heck dont. So why would you be impatient with Nvidia? There are OTHER companies which I will not name, but you know who they are. They release a portable system and just plain give up on developing for it. No Games just a brick with two analog sticks and a pretty OLED screen. What am I supposed to do with something that promises great portable hardware but NO games. PSVITA!!
Well, the problem of the tablet not charging while connected to the power supply is pretty bad. I meant, most people will buy it to play games and they are most likely connecting it to a power supply while doing so. If it's not charging, then how can one use it for it's main purpose: playing games?

Hence the question being posted here.
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)
AT&T Galaxy Note
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active

funb0b
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
Anyone able to figure out the issue of the device losing battery charge WHILE connected to the charger? This is while using the device, of course.

This is the only thing holding me back in getting the tablet.
I use a different 2 amp charger(use the nvidia usb cable) if fact its a charger from my old dead HP Touchpad which i get positive charge from even when playing HL2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybenosa View Post
Thanks for the input guys! Searching for more reviews, I got introduced to the tegra note 7! I'm now torn between that and the shield. Have any of you 2 had the tegra note 7?
Have both the note7 and Shield, what would you like to know?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by loismustdie555 View Post

And I will be reviewing my new 128GB Micro SD, the Shield Tablet and the iPega 9023 on here. look for my review on the iPega in about 2 weeks max but the Shield Tablet and the Micro SD in the next week or less here on the forums for the Shield Tablet.

Any questions or requests on tests I should run feel free to ask.
Can you do an A1 sd test (Thorough with reboot) on the empty card and also load HL2 to the card and report back on load times and stuttering.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top
Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

grud1e
Old
Thanks Meter 19
not in the slightest i bought mine as a bundle with the cover controller and a 5m hdmi cable ........ i still have my tegra note 7 and the shield is much faster ...... whilst the tegra is a good tablet the screen and speed of the shield make for a much better experience i have it paired with a 64gb sony micro sdxc card and moving my games to card seems to have no effect when playing .....im not into scientific tests mind you as long as it works and its fast I'm happy