FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Need Stock Recovery image please?

25th December 2014, 02:14 PM |#11  
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 985

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjenkins

Is this recovery compatible with the LTE version?

I don't know. I wouldn't use it without assurance from someone who knows for sure. Sorry I can't help more.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th April 2015, 08:32 PM |#12  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 87

More
just register as a developer, no strings attached, just create an account and you can download all os recovery images

i moved up all the way to 2.2.1, then reinstalled 1.2.1 because i wasn't liking lollipop
also unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM and rooted

now i want to try the BitO kernel, which is only available to 2.2.1, so installed the 2.1 update (through CWM, as i forgot to flash the stock recovery for 1.2.1)

now i try to install 2.2, but recovery gives me an error
flashed CWM again, doesn't want to flash the OTA
flashed the 2.1 stock recovery, it starts the update but almost immediately gives me an error

yes i could flash the 2.2.1 OS recovery image, but then i would lose all my data....

EDIT: never mind, fixed it, flash boot.img, recovery.img, erased system, flashed system img, all from 2.1 update zip file, reboot, now 2.2 is installing through OTA
Last edited by JarlSX; 28th April 2015 at 09:21 PM.
6th May 2015, 10:04 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

just register as a developer, no strings attached, just create an account and you can download all os recovery images

i moved up all the way to 2.2.1, then reinstalled 1.2.1 because i wasn't liking lollipop
also unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM and rooted

now i want to try the BitO kernel, which is only available to 2.2.1, so installed the 2.1 update (through CWM, as i forgot to flash the stock recovery for 1.2.1)

now i try to install 2.2, but recovery gives me an error
flashed CWM again, doesn't want to flash the OTA
flashed the 2.1 stock recovery, it starts the update but almost immediately gives me an error

yes i could flash the 2.2.1 OS recovery image, but then i would lose all my data....

EDIT: never mind, fixed it, flash boot.img, recovery.img, erased system, flashed system img, all from 2.1 update zip file, reboot, now 2.2 is installing through OTA

Just curious, what was it about 2.2.1 that you didn't like? What was wrong with lolipop?
6th May 2015, 11:46 PM |#14  
Flag Eindhoven

More
i prefered the way the notification pulldown worked in KK, some settings were quicker to reach

not too fond of the navigation buttons either
it's weird i know, they're in the same location, have the same function, but they just look wrong
look too much like the symbols on a Playstation controller

and GameGuardian doesn't work on Lollipop (yet), but by going back to KK i managed to fix what i wanted to fix

i hope nvidia gets it right this time with the 5.1 update, disabling swap would be nice
7th May 2015, 07:59 AM |#15  
Flag Eindhoven

More
hmm, seems lag isn't gone at all...

was playing a bit of Sky Force 2014 yesterday, holy crap the lag

also noticed other apps were lagging
sure hope 5.1 will fix this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread