Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adb in recovery

Tip us?

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Adb in recovery

Is anyone else having issues while in recovery? I am running CWM and I can't see my tablet properly. Windows tells me it can't identify the device and when I try to make it use nvidias drivet (or any driver) it tells me it's not compatible and something about it not being 64bit even though there are x64 drivers available. Works perfect everywhere else, just looking to see if anyone else has dealt with that.

Sent from my One M8

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithn View Post
Is anyone else having issues while in recovery? I am running CWM and I can't see my tablet properly. Windows tells me it can't identify the device and when I try to make it use nvidias drivet (or any driver) it tells me it's not compatible and something about it not being 64bit even though there are x64 drivers available. Works perfect everywhere else, just looking to see if anyone else has dealt with that.

Sent from my One M8
Figured out my issue in a way. While in CWM it doesn't appear to report to windows properly, stock recovery works fine.

Unjustified Dev
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,961
Quote:
Figured out my issue in a way. While in CWM it doesn't appear to report to windows properly, stock recovery works fine.
Could you send me stock recovery so I can take a look inside the init.rc
If I've ever helped you in any way and you wanted to contribute to me for my efforts you may do so HERE

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Yeah, I'll do that today

Sent from my One M8

Unjustified Dev
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,961
Quote:
Yeah, I'll do that today

Sent from my One M8
I found it inside the stock nvidia images for testing on the k1 board thanks.

This appeared to be the issue https://github.com/cm-ardbeg/android...very.ardbeg.rc
If I've ever helped you in any way and you wanted to contribute to me for my efforts you may do so HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjustified Dev View Post
I found it inside the stock nvidia images for testing on the k1 board thanks.

This appeared to be the issue https://github.com/cm-ardbeg/android...very.ardbeg.rc
If you want me to test anything out with it let me know. Maybe this will help pinpointing the issues for the touch driver if I can pull logs while in recovery.

Unjustified Dev
Old
(Last edited by Unjustified Dev; 23rd August 2014 at 01:12 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,961
Quote:
If you want me to test anything out with it let me know. Maybe this will help pinpointing the issues for the touch driver if I can pull logs while in recovery.
I compiled this one earlier let me know if it works. It doesn't have touch support but I can add it once adb is confirmed working
Attached Files
File Type: img recovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (9.49 MB, 4 views)

Keithn
Old
(Last edited by Keithn; 23rd August 2014 at 01:52 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
I compiled this one earlier let me know if it works. It doesn't have touch support but I can add it once adb is confirmed working
Still having issues in windows it shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)" and gives me
Code:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB configuration descriptor failed.
for device status.

I'll give it a try in Linux but if it is not reporting properly then I don't think it will work there either.

Nothing in Ubuntu either, even lsusb doesn't list it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keithn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unjustified Dev
Old
(Last edited by Unjustified Dev; 23rd August 2014 at 02:17 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,961
Quote:
Still having issues in windows it shows up as "Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)" and gives me
Code:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB configuration descriptor failed.
for device status.

I'll give it a try in Linux but if it is not reporting properly then I don't think it will work there either.

Nothing in Ubuntu either, even lsusb doesn't list it.
This is crazy does adb work in the recovery you compile from their git?

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
This is crazy does adb work in the recovery you compile from their git?
I can't even get the menu to pop up. On stock it's just vol + and power and then you can see the menus and select adb sideload etc. On my compiled one it just sits at the No Command screen even after pressing those buttons, and it shows up as the same thing in my PC as CWM did.

The Following User Says Thank You to Keithn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]