[Q] Touchscreen Issues

OP ttxcsabby

30th August 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles, Ca
Thanks Meter: 30

309 posts
More
I purchased my NVIDIA tablet yesterday but having problems with the responsiveness coming from sleep. About 1/5 of the time, my tablet will not respond to my finger/stylus. I always have to press the power button a few times to get it to work.

I have all the updates, including the recent update from yesterday. Is this defective?

Thanks in advance
30th August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 466

1,893 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttxcsabby

I purchased my NVIDIA tablet yesterday but having problems with the responsiveness coming from sleep. About 1/5 of the time, my tablet will not respond to my finger/stylus. I always have to press the power button a few times to get it to work.

I have all the updates, including the recent update from yesterday. Is this defective?

Thanks in advance

I've never experienced any issues like this. Contact Nvidia Customer care.
31st August 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Yeovil
Thanks Meter: 95

590 posts
More
This screen is very responsive!! Make sure you are all up to date with your ota and make sure you have a look in a settings / SHIELD POWER CONTROL/ OPTIMIZED
20th September 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 25

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttxcsabby

Thanks in advance

I've had that many times during one single day. Had to literally reboot the thing 5 or 6 times that day. COMPLETELY NO RESPONSE FROM THE SCREEN, ONLY BUTTONS. Still have to clue what the deal was. Hasn't done it since, but the issue DOES exist. And yes, I bought from the very first batch, straight from Nvidia.
20th September 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
I've had this problem since day one. Also the tab crashes at random times and it getting ****ing annoying. Thinking of returning the thing. It's worse than useless. Turn the screen off and you can bet that i'll have to reboot to get the touchscreen working again.

Idk why this helped but it did. I switched from using philz touch recovery to cwm recovery...now screen works less than half the time I turn it back on. That's still better than never.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet
Last edited by Wulfpk; 22nd September 2014 at 05:28 AM.
23rd September 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
More
I've never experienced this on Stock, Only on Pac-Man ROM and CM11. Either way it is very annoying.

This is a reaaallllllyy ghetto work around until the issue is solved, but the way I worked around it on CM11 is to have Tasker and Secure settings wake the device for a few seconds every 45 mins - 1 hour. Ever since I've had Tasker performing that task I've had no issues with the screen being unresponsive.
23rd September 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Talking
I have figured out how to fix the touchscreen issues. All you have to do is go under Settings>Apps>All Apps and find anything that ranges from Google Taiwanese or any Google foreign language app and disable it. There should be two of them. I haven't had any problems since I disabled them.
23rd September 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
I found something that has worked so far. I always use Nova launcher since it's my fav. I didn't think much of leaving the launcher that came with the rom. I went to titanium backup and froze the other launcher and it solved the touchscreen issue. This also fixed the app crashing problems most of the time. Still if I run more than two applications at the same time everything on the tab starts crashing. Seems to be a ram problem. I checked max backround processes and it's at "normal" which usually is fine. If anyone has a solution to the crash problem please let me know. Meanwhile i'll keep trying stuff.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread