Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nvidia Shield Tablet Dungeon Defenders Eternity

OP hairdewx

1st August 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 269

659 posts
More
If anyone is interested to see how well Dungeon Defenders Eternity runs on the Nvidia Shield Tablet in console mode through HDMI.

Last edited by hairdewx; 1st August 2014 at 09:36 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hairdewx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Looks really great on the K1!! I've been playing this on my Shield Portable and I'm loving it. I just wish more games like this were ported to the handheld.
4th August 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryAl

Looks really great on the K1!! I've been playing this on my Shield Portable and I'm loving it. I just wish more games like this were ported to the handheld.

I really wish they would've allowed Single Player though, I rarely have WiFi when I am playing games on my Shield Portable
The Following User Says Thank You to waucbulldog24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 37

140 posts
More
Wow I may have to get this for my portable but I'm definitely getting it when I get my shield tablet
20th August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Is this game choppy when playing on the TV?
I found many games to be choppy/dropping fps making the game stutter for 0.025 sec without a reason when playing on the built in screen...games like Dead Trigger 2, Horn, Walking Dead.
Trine 2 also feels choppy at some points (especially the intro video).
20th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,993 posts
Are all the controls mapped or did you have to set up anything using the mapper? I tried Order and Chaos on my Shield portable and it was a pain. This looks pretty fun though.
21st August 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

329 posts
Is this the same as the old one our like the new one on PC?
21st August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 269

659 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj3hulk

Is this game choppy when playing on the TV?
I found many games to be choppy/dropping fps making the game stutter for 0.025 sec without a reason when playing on the built in screen...games like Dead Trigger 2, Horn, Walking Dead.
Trine 2 also feels choppy at some points (especially the intro video).

It depends on the map and how hectic it gets. It is generally smooth and a very enjoyable experience. I actually prefer playing on the TV through my tablet than on my PC. Just make sure it is on console mode and not mirror mode.

There are resolution sliders and performance tweaks you can turn on and off to get the experience you want. I ended up lowering the resolution and turning off shadows to get better framerates on bigger maps. I'll actually make a newer video to show the difference (I actually can't notice any difference while playing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

Are all the controls mapped or did you have to set up anything using the mapper? I tried Order and Chaos on my Shield portable and it was a pain. This looks pretty fun though.

Controllers works without having to remap anything. There are options in-game to remap buttons if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myv6mustang

Is this the same as the old one our like the new one on PC?

It is like the new one on PC. In the video I posted I am playing with other PC users.
22nd August 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 17

329 posts
Sweet I'm in!
22nd August 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 37

140 posts
More
I love it on my tablet much more fun to play while on my lunch break at work

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I have a question, anyone know if it's possible to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to play this game on my shield tablet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread