FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Which App to write with Direct Stylus 2.0

26th August 2014, 01:57 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hey Everybody ,

I want to use the shield Tablet for some Note taking during class / work.

So i am asking for some Apps you tested with Direct Stylus 2.0
Which work best with palm recognition ?
Maybe some advise for settings ?
At the moment l can only say that the Android Handwriting Detection is really not bad. Maybe good for longer texts in landscape mode

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app

26th August 2014, 09:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Honestly I could not use the stylus very well, the tip is too soft for me to use it to take notes...
27th August 2014, 02:51 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Sad to hear mate.
I'm facing some problems with the palm recognition.
I hope Nvidia will enhance this feature in the near future. An dedicated writing App like Dabbler for drawing would be really nice

28th August 2014, 06:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
When the stylus is removed, there should be an extra navbar icon on the left that disables touch input. I guess that would work to prevent unwanted inputs, just not automatically.
29th August 2014, 03:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
I tried several apps to make quickly notes but the Samsung Note experience is still a mile ahead...
30th August 2014, 10:34 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I dont mind the stock evernote, not that I frequently use it. I find it works pretty well. I agree with hairdewx the stylus is kinda soft to take notes with. I use it for drawing myself. Dabbler is friggin horrible but the App ArtFlow works amazing with the Tablet and the Stylus.
The Following User Says Thank You to abnormaIity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 01:58 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugoff

When the stylus is removed, there should be an extra navbar icon on the left that disables touch input. I guess that would work to prevent unwanted inputs, just not automatically.

It helps but if you want to zoom in or out, moving the sheet you are writing on you cant use your Fingers.
It sometimes happens, that when I lift or move my palm, it is recognized as an touch input with the Stylus.
So there would be the chance to increase the rate of recognition. would really help me

12th September 2014, 06:15 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Stylus only mode > "Write" app

Works great for note taking. I use it daily at work for meetings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harfainx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 06:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I think the most best app for I've found so far is Autodesk Sketchbook Express. Super fast, fluid and GREAT for note taking although still can't find ruled template but that might just be laziness on my part
5th October 2014, 02:39 AM |#10  
Flag Holland
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukehazard77

I think the most best app for I've found so far is Autodesk Sketchbook Express. Super fast, fluid and GREAT for note taking although still can't find ruled template but that might just be laziness on my part

Autodesk Sketchbook has traditionally/historically been a programmed aimed at drawing/painting- so it's going to lack a ruled template, unless you decide to create one/scan one in, and use it as a layer underneath your drawing canvas.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread