Or Continue to Thread: [GUIDE] Flashing Your First HD…
Find Your Device:
30th December 2010, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,735

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flashing Your First NAND Android Rom [For Newbs]
NAND ANDROID FAQ

If you have any general NAND Android problems then take a look at *THIS* thread which has more tips

After flashing Magldr the Phone Reboots but gets stuck at the Splash Screen

You most probably have an older incompatable Radio on your phone. The Radio needs to be at LEAST 2.08.50 and the .50 is very important as it means the Radio is 576 RAM compatable (as stated in post1). The Radio I recommend is 2.15.50.14 and you can download it *HERE*. Boot your phone into the Bootloader Screen and flash a newer Radio and everything should be fine

-----------------------------------------------------

I have a 3.14 Rom with an SPL 3.03 and cannot install HardSPL 2.08

You must downgrade your Rom to a Rom with an SPL 2.10 or lower in order to install HardSPL 2.08. Try to find a 1.48, 1.66 or 1.72 Rom from your carrier and flash via micro SD Card to downgrade the Rom and SPL, then install HardSPL 2.08 and flash a new Radio to meet the requirements for flashing Magldr. If you cant find a Stock Rom that will flash on your phone then goto *THIS* thread and read on how to create a GoldCard for your micro SD Card. With a GoldCard you will be able to flash ANY Stock Rom without problem.

When flashing MAGLDR the status remains at 0% for a long time, then gives a USB connection error

You need 2.08.HSPL installed in order to flash Magldr. Use HSPL3.exe and the Steps in *THIS* thread to do that.

I have installed everything but when my phone boots into android, after about a minute it will just restart itself and continue the same over and over without ever fully going into android

Do you use an Extended Battery? The current kernels in these NAND Roms don't support EB as yet. If so, try with your normal battery.

I Dont Have Mobile Internet on my Phone

You may need to set up your APN settings manually:

Goto Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Access Point Names
If there isnt anything on the screen then press the middle hardware button and select 'New APN'
Enter the following info for TMobile US -

Two APN's should be Created. One should be called T-Mobile Data and one should be T-Mobile MMS. The data settings should be:

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: <Not set>
MMS Port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN Type: <Not set>

The MMS settings should be almost the same with the first and last items changed:

Name: T-Mobile MMS
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: <Not set>
MMS Port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN Type: mms

Backing out of the settings should take you to the APN names where there will be the two entries, but only one (T-Mobile Data) will be the only one where you can select the radio button to make it active. The proxy addresses and ports are NOT required and they recommend you don't use them.

You may need to restart Android for the settings to take affect

For other Networks go *HERE* and find your individual settings

Not able to make a usb connection to the phone when in Magldr

Error Description: USB init failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (723)

Go to the Activesync icon in the bottom right corner, right click on it and untick the option "Allow usb connections" and then connect the device again. Run daf.exe (or install.exe) as administrator by right clicking on it and selecting the option (if using Windows7 or Vista). Hopefully the usb drivers will then install and the Android Rom will flash.

Another option could be to uninstall and reinstall Activesync or to try different usb ports on your pc. If that doesnt work and you have Windows XP then you need to try on a machine with Vista or Windows 7.

If none of this works then try taking out your micro SD Card and repeating the process or flash a Custom Rom before you flash Magldr rather than a Stock Rom.

Lastly you could try starting the NAND installer with the phone unplugged and then plugged the phone in. The installer should immediately detect your device and proceed to flash.

Error Description: send partition data failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (802)

Error Description:
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (545)

Try removing your micro SD Card then redownload your NAND Rom again. Extract it using WinZip or WinRar then right click and select Run As Administrator (Vista and Windows7 only) with your AntiVirus turned off

How do I find my Radio version in Android?

In Android goto Settings (center hardware button), About Phone. Look at the BaseBand version and your current Radio is the second half of that line.

eg. BaseBand 15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14

Robot Voice in a Call

Make a call, turn on the speaker, turn off the speaker and end the call. All should be fine after that (until you reboot that is)

Im running Out of Storage Space for my Apps

Root your HD2 Android phone by donwloading z4root.apk.
http://tinyurl.com/32yarv5
Apply and restart phone.

Download and install ModInstallLocation.
http://tinyurl.com/3a2flgc

In Superuser app, allow ModInstallLocation app.
Restart phone.

In ModInstallLocation app choose location 2 (SD Card) and save
Reboot Android.

From now on any app you download will AUTOMATICALLY be installed on SD card. Also you can move your existing apps from Phone to SD in the Application settings.

Importing WM Contacts into Android

You need PIM Backup, a computer with internet access and a Gmail account.

1. Open PIM Backup on your Windows Mobile device. Select the Backup action and unselect everything but contacts, then hit Next.
2. At the "Select backup filename and folder" screen, unselect the "compress backup" and "binary backup" options, then hit Next.
3. Transfer the BACKUP.PIB file that you just made from your phone to your computer. Change the extension from .PIB to .RAR, then extract the file.
4. The extracted file should be BACKUP.CSC. Simply change the extension to .CSV and import the file to your gmail account. All your contacts can now be imported to your phone through gmail - just follow the instructions given in the phone's contact menu.

or activesync with google http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636
Last edited by mskip; 13th January 2011 at 12:35 AM.
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]