Defy earpiece begining to fail (T-mobile US)

Search This thread

Rhyr

Nov 20, 2006
Vercelli
As we can see from the video, it seem that, as i before posted, the defy call-speaker it's not soldered, so it's really possible that it is only a contact problem, but i'm not able to clearly see from the video where are the contact pins of the call-speaker on the mainboard...

SteveChou

Nov 8, 2010
Shanghai
As we can see from the video, it seem that, as i before posted, the defy call-speaker it's not soldered, so it's really possible that it is only a contact problem, but i'm not able to clearly see from the video where are the contact pins of the call-speaker on the mainboard...

I have some high resolution pics,if you guys need them,leave your Email address.

Sutitan

Dec 12, 2010
Sorry I haven't really updated. Ive been out the country. I just shipped my phone today and the expected turn around is 5-7. Ill let you know how it comes back. I cant wait to have my phone back. All this rapid developments happening in in the Dev forums is getting me excited. Those guys should have a blurless flawless 2.2 running by then :p

nidlaX

Jul 2, 2010
Well, my TMobile USA Defy's speaker just died today. I've used it for about a month and a half now, it was an early production Defy. Time to deal with Motorola.

[UT] X-RAY

Dec 6, 2010
my earpiece went also belly up. been only 4 weeks ... not good. obviously motorola sucked big time here.

sending it to repair tomorrow. hope they will fix it once or for all.

the emperor is not as forgiving as I am ...

[UT] X-RAY

Dec 6, 2010

can you pls tell me the time code where you saw the earpiece?

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So, been asking around a bit and it seems that, in the UK at least, the instructions being given to retailers is that there is a known issues with the earpiece that is affecting some Defy handsets.
Apparently they're saying to send the phones back to Motorola to be dealt with.

That's a bit unusual.

Rhyr

Nov 20, 2006
Vercelli
can you pls tell me the time code where you saw the earpiece?

Here the screen of the frame where i suppose is the earpiece.
attachment.php

At the left you can see two pins and i think that is the earpiece, but i haven't high quality photos, so i can't be sure of that...

Attachments

• Schermata.jpg
    Schermata.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,281

WildBill1234

Jan 10, 2011
I spoke with a Tmo (USA) rep and they asked me to pull the battery and look at the small sticker towards the top of the compartment. They were looking for either a blue dot or “BP” in the text above “made in China”. It seems that if your phone has either of these, you are in the clear...

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I spoke with a Tmo (USA) rep and they asked me to pull the battery and look at the small sticker towards the top of the compartment. They were looking for either a blue dot or “BP” in the text above “made in China”. It seems that if your phone has either of these, you are in the clear...

Interesting.. I'll have to check and report back. I have mine since the day before Thanksgiving, and it's fine. Thanks for the tip.

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
From forum manager on the non-us motorola forum:

"Motorola is aware of a small number of DEFY users who have experienced lost audio through the phone ear-piece speaker. We have identified the source of this issue and have resolved the issue in production. Any consumer who experiences this problem should contact a Motorola customer support centre - here are our contact details.

U.K. Email: https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask/p_c ountry_code/GB

U.K. Phone: https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/call

If you're looking for support outside the U.K. Please visit the Support site for your region, Choose Mobile Phones and then check the "Contact Us" link in the left column to contact us directly.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

SteveChou

Nov 8, 2010
Shanghai
Checked mine. It has the BP there. I'm happy now that I don't have to worry! *crosses fingers* :D

If you have a BTxx or BFxx or see a Blue Dot on your phone's label beneath the battery door you can have confidence that your device is not affected by this issue as long as you are still able to connect a Bluetooth or Wired Headset and the issue goes away. If the issue does not go away with a Bluetooth or Wired accessory then you have a separate issue.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
If you have a BTxx or BFxx or see a Blue Dot on your phone's label beneath the battery door you can have confidence that your device is not affected by this issue as long as you are still able to connect a Bluetooth or Wired Headset and the issue goes away. If the issue does not go away with a Bluetooth or Wired accessory then you have a separate issue.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

I also have BF. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you please detail where did you apply for a ticket at the motorola site? Did you register your phone there? I tried to email them and had two (catastrophic) live assistance chats but they did not provide me a support ticket in spite of I asked for it directly. (I saved both chat logs, it's well worth to show off the highly unprofessional almost complete ignorance they could demonstrate regarding my problem)

well, it was not really a ticket number as you know it from other service processes.
    I send the support an email over the motorola website. got a reply with reference number etc. in their reply they informed we what to do and where to send the phone. all worked well.
    next time you call their service line start with the sentence "this is being recorded for training purposes" and all should run smooth.