you don't really need dd if you don't need backup.
1. install wp7 nand with the smaller card inside.
2. put the bigger card in the phone and the smaller card in your card-reader. select mass storage mode and copy the unallocated partition over from the smaller card to the bigger cards end with the partition manager.
3. create a fat32 partition at the beginning of the bigger card.
Download command-line tool dd from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
and extract to a folder on your computer C:\dd-0.6beta3
Download the partition manager from http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
1. Flash WP7 with smaller sd-card mounted in your mobile device. (about 10 - 20 minutes)
2. make an image of your sd.
Open a Console
XP : Start -> Execute -> cmd.exe .
Win7 : Start -> Enter in Searchfield -> cmd.exe
change to the folder where dd was extracted to
mount the sd-card in an (usb) sd-adapter. the command is described in http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
"Read the entire USB memory device" BUT use at least bs=4M as block size if you use 1M it will take hours. (about 5 -10 mins)
you can try greater values as 4M as the usb2-standard allows up to 30M per second (see http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm#4
). 8M is optimum for me.
C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 of=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress
3. write image to bigger card. put bigger card in the (usb) sd-adapter and execute the following command. (about 5 -10 minutes)
C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 if=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress
4. use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space at the end of the bigger sd-card. make it NOT primary. ( 20 - 30 minutes)
5. delete the 200MB fat16 and the first wp7 partition. (few seconds)
6. create fat32 partition with the partition tool on the unallocated space . select it as primary. (few seconds)
credits to all uf us.
you can skip step one if you did an image once. so the whole process takes about an hour. also you can use the image-file as backup if you mess around with wp7 or ruin your card or something. just copy back the image on a new card.
Take a look at Fmstrats usefull tips.