Search This thread
C

cesjr02

It is subjective. But the same person comparing one kernel or rom to another is pretty accurate as long as all the installed apps are the same, and you test it more then one day ;)

Perhaps, but what I meant was, how do you define heavy usage? How do you define moderate?

middlefingeru

Oct 14, 2010
Not to interupt the heated battery kernel debate, but is anyone having problems sending email from stock email client, i.e from yahoo account. It shows up in the sent folder but never actually makes it to recipiant. This began yesterday afternoon. Being a noob I don't know if this is a ROM issue or app issue, just looking for an answer. Is there a better alternative email client?

Hopefully an update comes out soon, anything, just to give us something else to talk about. IT'S TEARING OUR XDA FAMILY APART! Now back to your regularly scheduled kernal debate.

WrlsFanatic

Jul 14, 2010
I'll change the subject: since I haven't seen a TRULY stock only ROM, can someone tell me exactly what the differences are between this and stock Gingerbread? Just the boot animation?

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
I'll change the subject: since I haven't seen a TRULY stock only ROM, can someone tell me exactly what the differences are between this and stock Gingerbread? Just the boot animation?

You're bouncing around :D

Visually, yes thats the only difference. Every other tweak we use/ will come to use lies within the rom to improve functionality, and speed

Reactions: pinksupervisor

WrlsFanatic

Jul 14, 2010
You're bouncing around :D

Visually, yes thats the only difference. Every other tweak we use/ will come to use lies within the rom to improve functionality, and speed
I can't believe I never put together that you were the same dev that built my favorite Sense ROM, Frost. Now the only problem is that I love BOTH of your ROMs but I have no themes and I SUCK at photoshop. What can I do??? :D

echoside

Jul 3, 2010
Tacoma
we are working very hard to get an update out. I am missing something and I have a feeling its one line of code or one file I didn't edit but I can't get the camcorder to work. If I cant get it to work soon they might have to check me into a 3 day suicide watch :p:p:p (joking please don't report that to the police or something :cool:) Ill talk to barnacles and see if we can get a little somethin somethin released today. Sadly, odds are it wont have camcorder :(

makisupa79

Jul 3, 2010
Great work echoside, i love this rom. 2 questions, 1 my voicemail doesn't seem to be working. I don't just mean sprint visual voicemail, but VM in general...I get a text message when I get a voicemail saying android: (phone number of caller) has sent you a sprint voice message. call 408-970-0000 and then a long string of characters. Any quick fix for this or is google voice the only option?

Second, anywhere I can download the wallpapers you included? Specifically the one with all the black rocks/orbs and the one red orb with the android bot in it? Thanks!

Edit: Also, lol at the tags

Last edited:
C

cesjr02

we are working very hard to get an update out. I am missing something and I have a feeling its one line of code or one file I didn't edit but I can't get the camcorder to work. If I cant get it to work soon they might have to check me into a 3 day suicide watch :p:p:p (joking please don't report that to the police or something :cool:) Ill talk to barnacles and see if we can get a little somethin somethin released today. Sadly, odds are it wont have camcorder :(

Camcorder fix could always be released in a patch, yes? It's definitely up to the Devs on that decision.

Looking forward to see what's in the change log.

middlefingeru

Oct 14, 2010
Great work echoside, i love this rom. 2 questions, 1 my voicemail doesn't seem to be working. I don't just mean sprint visual voicemail, but VM in general...I get a text message when I get a voicemail saying android: (phone number of caller) has sent you a sprint voice message. call 408-970-0000 and then a long string of characters. Any quick fix for this or is google voice the only option?

Second, anywhere I can download the wallpapers you included? Specifically the one with all the black rocks/orbs and the one red orb with the android bot in it? Thanks!

Edit: Also, lol at the tags
I ran into the same problem last week and did a lot of searching on this and google voice workaround was the only solution I found. I was kind of set against it at first but after using it I like it a lot. The voice to text feature that comes standard that I never used with Sprint is pretty cool when it can actually transcribe the words. I'm a only a "noob" so I could be wrong but I think this is it for now.

Kaine16

Mar 4, 2009
Chicago
So this is the first time i tried 2.3, and i must say i am impressed, very smooth rom with solid battery. I only have one question after installing bussybox and all of my apps, the front cam is no longer working, the second i launch a app that uses it like a mirror app or QIK the app FCs. any ideas guys

C

cesjr02

When I use an app called "WiMAX RSA Key Checker" I get a message stating, (sorry, you do not have busy box installed correctly.)

Maybe one of the devs can comment.

Noodles_44

Jun 24, 2010
Denver
Is the ROM dead? By far it's my favorite gingerbread experience. The only issue I have is a lack of GPS lock. 003 hardware. I have not modified the kernel or made any other changes. Also tried GPS Status from the market with no luck.

C

cesjr02

The tags to this thread are hilarious!

To the above poster, the rom is not dead. They have been working a lot we should see an update soon, right devs?:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bannerdsj.png

Salvage Mod
    1.2.1 Gingerbread!!

Salvage Mod is a group project. Currently it is Barnacles10, Lithid, and I (Echoside). We have been working hard to get this up and running and would like to thank Preludedrew for helping me out on a few issues I ran into while compiling it, ctso and Cyanogen for some of the files I snagged from them. Also like to thank r2doesinc for helping us get 8MP camera working!

If it wasn't for Shinzul, Toastcfh and Teamwin, Salvage-Mod still wouldn't have wimax. Thank you guys for your great work!

WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE.

Check out our new site!!! The site is possible because of our generous donors. Thank you much!

Feel free to join our IRC channel!
    irc.freenode.net
    #salvage-mod

EVERYTHING works except for:
    HDMI
    And for a few GPS can be iffy.

KERNEL SOURCE CAN BE FOUND HERE ~~> https://github.com/CyanogenMod/cm-kernel
    Have any other issues BESIDES what is listed above please submit them to the issue tracker. Link Below

Issue Tracker

snap20101220_184815.png
    snap20101220_184819.png

Must download modified gapps as well.

new gapps posted on salvage-mod.com. Thanks to CM and Lithid you now get your green icons.

Lithid has joined the Salvage-Mod team!!

If you flashed 1.2 and are having some issues please flash this patch to bring you up to 1.2.1.
    www.salvage-mod.com/roms/patch1.2.1.zip

Download latest build and gapps here!

Q&A Please read before asking questions! [Updated 3/7]

Salvage-Mod incremental builds

Salvage add-ons

Fixes

Themes

Code:
    v1.2.1
    -Added silent option to volume rocker
    -Fixed headset notification icon
    -Fixed some application settings not working

v1.2
    -Fixed boot animation. Now plays until system loads.
    -Introduce Frebase kernel to Salvage-Mod. -thanks to cyanogenmod for the base
    -Customized Protips for Salvage
    -Custom VM heap added to Salvage Parts --cyanogen
    -Added Swipe left and right for Gallery
    -Added Launcher2 quick app uninstall
    -Update backend build properties
    -New settings app, combines settings, quick app settings, phone information and SalvageParts in a tabbed UI.
    -Longpress notification widgets to open there respective settings - radadev
    -Allow clearing of Voicemail notifications.
    -Add an option to disable stock voicemail notifications.
    -Add an option to enable or disable the screen On/Off animation
    -Disable Launcher2 from drawing caches for all screens on screen scroll
    -Removed all launcher2 wallpapers, now just Salvage Wallpapers
    -Refresh Salvage Wallpapers with some new wallpapers + a few from Launcher2
    -Decrease padding in upper and lower default launcher workspaces
    -Disable lock on launcher portrait mode
    -Launcher: Add new interpolator from AnderWeb for elastic desktop
    -Add Terminal Emulator to Parts
    -Launcher: Hide icon labels option
    -Launcher: Add fullscreen option
    -New wallpaper title and credit field - thanks cyanogen
    -New Google Apps pack - fixes market icons

v1.1
    -Updated necessary files to Android Version 2.3.3
    -Enabled QCOM for GPS
    -Added SalvageParts app through settings
    -Added changelog view in SalvageParts app
    -Added overscroll options to SalvageParts (bounce, glow)
    -Added CPU Freq to SalvageParts
    -Added mms option for back to all conversations list
    -Added font size options in mms (sender, subject and message font size)
    -Changed battery icon read (now reads in 5% increments)  --thanks Daniel Sandler for the images
    -New SalvageMod boot animation
    -Fixed certain apps not showing up in the market
    -Better scaling of larger images like facebook sync images - Jef Cliver 
    -Updated kernel and modules
    -Updated Google applications add-on - updates apps and fixes market links
    -Added galaxy style notification widgets - CyanogenMod
    -Allow 3rd party applications install by default
    -Build with 2D AOSP gallery instead of 3D for performance

v1.0 - stable
    -updated kernel to cyanogen-2.6.37
    -Browser text size now available in browser settings
    -option for black mms background enable in messaging options. (cyanogenmod)
    -hide zoom controls in browser settings (cyanogenmod)
    -busybox now works out of box
    -added wimax (moar gees!) (Big thanks to shinzul, toastcfh, and teamwin)

v.9.7
    -fixed camcorder
    -improved gps
    -fixed led notifications
    -new Salvage-Mod Wallpapers made by Shift!!!
    -translucent Notification Menu
    -Screen on animation

v.9.6
    -Fixed su behavior. No more problems with apps aquiring root 
    -Added salvage wallpapers app. By final we will have more of a collection for you. 
    -Packed with cm 2.6.35.10 / contains code for wimax but no rom support yet. Still supports newer evos 
    -Updated busybox 

v.9.5
    -Fresh rebuild off newest AOSP source
    -Changed kernel to Savage 1.5 Now supports newer model Evos!!!
    -Added reboot power menu (thanks CM)
    -Fixed orange tint
    -fixed autobrightness
    -new GAPPS (thanks lithid!)
    -various other updates I can't think of at the moment.

v.9.3
    -Changed kernel to CM7 kernel. Makes things more stable, see below (thanks to lithid-cm and cm)
    -Fixed Wifi (as long as you don't change kernels)
    -GPS way more reliable (as long as you don't change kernels)
    -Modified hosts file to block most ads
    -Fixed Map two finger rotate (thanks rori~)
    -With new gapps(1226v2) twitter is removable 
    -Front cam included (no need for patch, all credit goes to cyanogen)
    -Cleaned up some files that are not needed at this time.

v.9.2
    -Fixed gps, may be a little buggy (Thanks preludedrew and CM)
    -Fixed browser FC
    -PNGopted ROM
    -No longer requires patch for keyboard
    -Now running Savage Kernel 1.2
    -Updated gapps

v.9.1
    [COLOR="Red"]Note: This one requires a wipe![/COLOR]
    -Fixed BusyBox / apps requiring root permission will now work
    -Cleaned up boot animation
    -Fixed Facebook sync
    -Fixed MMS receive (bigrushdog)
    -Removed Google apps - grab separate now
    -Added Spareparts and QuickBoot to data/app 
    -Did some cleaning

v.9
    -Initial release, built from source
    -8MP rear cam (R2doesinc)
    I thought id come in before we have more requests about the stock look. Salvage mod will continue to look stock. Down the road an option to toggle certain things such as these might come available but excluding stock gingerbread material from our Rom out of box will not become a reality. The purpose is a stock gingerbread rom with enhancements. Once u start themingyou are no longer stock aosp.

Like I said tho we have taken the suggestion into consideration and maybe down the road we will set up some sort of toggle

To those requesting that yellow tiny be gone.. If you wanna rig it out just open system uI apk or framework res can't remember which drawable that png resides rght now and make it transparent.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    I'm interested.. About to try this ROM out, I'm tired of the sense roms.. :)

it has a themed keyboard and newer themed market. Screenshots are in the project bliss topic in my sig. Savaged BlissHD v1.2
    Progress update...I was REALLY hoping to get the next build out by now but I want to have the newest CM kernel so the newer builds can use the camera. Between the time of year it is, my computer crappin out on me (again...but got a new one :)) and the kernel not wanting to get along with Salvage I havent been able to. Right now what is holding me back is GPS. It doesn't even semi work with the new build. So here is what I am thinking Im going to do. I will work on the new build a little longer IF i still dont have gps working I will upload a patch for 9.3. It wont fix many issues basically just update the kernel. Also (want to talk to barnacles first about this though) I might post the new build along side with a patched 9.3 so people that don't care about GPS can run the new build.

That being said nothing will come out till tomorrow at least. UNLESS I get gps working in the next 3 or 4 hours. Sorry if this is rambling and hard to understrand I just wanted you to know we are still working on salvage and have not forgot about you guys/gals =P