Thumbs down HDMI problems! Tablet is not outputting HDMi audio-video signal to TV!

I am having problems with HDMI output. Until now it had worked well with all the previous firmwares using the c.c player and pressing the menu button would output the video and sound signal to my TV but after flashing 1623 I noticed that, although the HDMI icon pops up when I plug in the mini HDMI cable, whenever I start playing a video in c.c player, if I press the "menu" button, I get some application options, like "settings" or "browse files" instead of taking the audio-video signal out to HDMI. I am rebooted the tablet with the HDMI cable plugged just in case this would solve the problem, but NO, again I have the same situation: the only noticeable thing is, that when I switch on my TV to HDMI search, the video I am playing on the tablet starts slowing down a bit and making distorting noises for about 5 secs, then it continues to play on the tablet. This is a serious drawback for me, I will first try to recover previous c.c player from the titanium backup to see if this solves the problem. Anyone else tried this and has the same issue?