(bad?) news for those who have changed X01HT ROM to English

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
To easily disable security without hermes tweaker, one can go to registry and change this key:

[HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies]
valuename '00001001', change value to dword:1

Zgembo

Dec 1, 2006
ok i have a quetion,what Device<OS> you are using?
Docomo HTCz or SoftBank X01HT?

My UI was made according to Docomo HTCz os, so possiblity of shortage
of shortcuts if install anther OS.

What Shortcuts was missing to transrate?

And pls read here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1078951&postcount=96
Asukal, first many thanks for this wonderful package!
Some of the shortcuts are missing, here on my X01HT... These are not problems, but the most annoying thing are missing buttons shortcuts...

For example, buttons for "manner mode" (long press on radio comm manager button), camera button and email button. Is there any way to be fixed automatically in your cab?

adrianomm

Nov 5, 2006
Guys , don't install Smart Dialing in your phone.
This software will remove the Video Phone Call function.
I think this Smart Dialing v2.5 is old . We need a new version for X01HT.
Someone have this software?
Please, upload it

Thanks

jello_e

Nov 5, 2006
Hiroshima
Guys , don't install Smart Dialing in your phone.
This software will remove the Video Phone Call function.
I think this Smart Dialing v2.5 is old . We need a new version for X01HT.
Someone have this software?
Please, upload it

Thanks

ooops too late... how do i remove it now?

EDIT: Removed it from Add/Remove Programs... Thanks!

hguabmur

Dec 4, 2006
If you put Softbank's ROM on, yeah. The other choice is to wait and see whether anyone figures out the password between now and April 1st. If someone gets the password, we will be able to use some other company's ROM that has modem capability. The folks over on the 2ch mobile board are already making good progress.
Anybody able to read 2ch to understand if anyone's made progress on this? I'm worried about the ability to use the service after April 1st. We've got 3 or 4 people at our company here that are using the Softbank service (and loving it by the way) but if we all have to go back to Japanese only ROMs, we're screwed.

kalintri

Nov 9, 2006
Tokyo
Asukal, first many thanks for this wonderful package!
Some of the shortcuts are missing, here on my X01HT... These are not problems, but the most annoying thing are missing buttons shortcuts...

For example, buttons for "manner mode" (long press on radio comm manager button), camera button and email button. Is there any way to be fixed automatically in your cab?

Ok, you can restore the manner mode button and the camera button yourself, I dont have problem with the e-mail button so cannot help.

1) Manner mode button shortcut - the shortcut is in the japanese startup folder. You have to copy it manually in the new english startup folder.
2) I fixed the camera button from Settings>Personal>Buttons I changed the assignment of the button to another application, started that application once and then changed the button assignment back to camera application and it worked on my phone set.

I hope this is helpful. Maybe you can use the same procedure from "2)" to fix your e-mail button too.

EDITED: hmm, I said that I didnt have problem with e-mail button, but it seems that fro time to time it is not working too. I tried to fix using the same procedure as the camera button and initially it worked. after several uses, though for some reason it stopped working again. Camera button is still working. Maybe it would be better if Asukal has the time to fix these from the MUI cabs.
Anyway, this is a temporary solution until someone finds out the new pass and we can all change the Japanese ROM.

Last edited:

jello_e

Nov 5, 2006
Hiroshima
hi!

i'm having trouble connecting to the internet through activesync in my computer ever since i installed the english mui...

Last edited:

Zgembo

Dec 1, 2006
Ok, you can restore the manner mode button and the camera button yourself, I dont have problem with the e-mail button so cannot help.

1) Manner mode button shortcut - the shortcut is in the japanese startup folder. You have to copy it manually in the new english startup folder.
Unfortunately I deleted all japanese folders... Could you zip & attach this shortuct here... I don't want to hardreset my phone yet...

kalintri

Nov 9, 2006
Tokyo
Unfortunately I deleted all japanese folders... Could you zip & attach this shortuct here... I don't want to hardreset my phone yet...

Ok. this is what I copied from my startup folder. You should copy to yours. This is only for the manner mode, but as I said you can at least repair the camera button from settings>buttons. I played a little bit after your post and found out that at least on my set when you repair one button and then try to repair the second, as the second goes back to being OK the first gets screwed up again. So for now it seems to be either camera or messaging button. I also think that it is not about the button itself, but rather the application, because when I assigned another application to the messaging button, both buttons seemed to work fine together, but didn't have enough time to test thoroughly so not very sure.

Attachments

• TrayIcon_MannerMode.zip
    110 bytes · Views: 41

qtotter

Mar 13, 2006
Tokyo
Anybody able to read 2ch to understand if anyone's made progress on this? I'm worried about the ability to use the service after April 1st. We've got 3 or 4 people at our company here that are using the Softbank service (and loving it by the way) but if we all have to go back to Japanese only ROMs, we're screwed.

i check the 2ch thread once in a while, but it is full of non-experts' comments. there's no progress on the new password at all.

the only thing which makes me hesitate to use the softbank rom is missing a2dp...

having the english muis by Asukal, i don't think you will be as screwed as you think...

trialdei

Nov 13, 2006
i check the 2ch thread once in a while, but it is full of non-experts' comments. there's no progress on the new password at all.

the only thing which makes me hesitate to use the softbank rom is missing a2dp...

having the english muis by Asukal, i don't think you will be as screwed as you think...
i think i created a workaround for the new password problem. please check out my post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=286962

Asukal

Auto-Del "Japanese TodayItems cab"

hi!

i am challenging to make a cab to delete Japanese registries.

then now i got succeed in that,:D

1st. this cab can delete Today Item List in Japanes Automaticaly,
PLS try this after you installed English / German MUI kit by me.

next challenge,,,,i try to make the CAB to delete Japanese shell
folders automaticaly:D

those are just my challenge, so do not expect when and much function.
pls just test for me :D

Asukaly yours!

PS:attached capture is testing on Japanese OS.
Date should be english after installed my English MUI cab.

Attachments

• Remove_JP_TodatItems.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DELJP.jpg
    DELJP.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 171

Asukal

Updated English UI.exe

pls down load new version of English UI.exe Welcome_Darkside_R4.ZIP from
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1077551&postcount=64

@Fixed as follows

+++++Updated 3--++++2006/Dec-19th+++
@Fixed Today Item list to Transrate to English

@Security Warning never showed when u excute "English UI"
to Install safty

@Manner mode Button will be installed into AppliButtons Folder.
You can asain it manually<not automaticaly
<but i didnt test it can work or not>

**Patch for the guys already installed English UI,
to replace Today Item lists from English to Japanese,

@This was already included in new [Welcome_Darkside_R4.ZIP]

Asukaly yours!

i will working to make cab to del Japanese Folder now,

adrianomm

Nov 5, 2006
i think i created a workaround for the new password problem. please check out my post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=286962

This is a great news trialdei!!!
Asukal make a good work but this solution not is perfect. I lot of things remains in japanese (like email (to, from and subject) , help app and others minor things.
And I hate that keyboard always go back to hiragana all the time. I lot of things Softbank removed from japanese rom.
And I love that HTC Rom 1.35.255.2 , this rom work perfect here in my X01HT.
I think I will go back to HTC rom and check this out.

Thanks a lot

khammo01

Oct 19, 2006
Tokyo
www.hammondjp.com
English MUI: Great, but problem with entering text in "Notes"

WOW, this is great. I can read Japanese just fine but just like having the English interface to be 'different.'

I got everything to work (as far as I can tell) but I noticed one issue:
Text input works everywhere except in "Notes" - I can type on the soft keyboard or on the physical keyboard but nothing gets entered.

Also, the English predictive word completion feature doesn't work even though the configuration tab is visible now in the "Input" settings.

Is there an English-only input SIP that could be loaded onto the phone and used when it isn't necessary to type in Japanese?

Asukal

miner problems

@OK i got made Messnaging "TO" / "From", "Subject" can be changed English

@Help files also changed to english

@Manner Mode to button automaticaly assained complietely (only X01HT)

@Issue of Note disable typing hasl been fixe soon

PLS addjuct time setting after install this patch and reset.

*SIP= if the guys dont need Japanese Input, i will replace it English one
with predict.
And i will leave just hand writing for Japanese,,,
Which is prefer guys? English Prefect or Japanese Kana/Roma-ji
English and Japanese keyboard can not stay together.

---------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Fix_Note_Help_Composer.zip
    172.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

otoro_315

Nov 9, 2006
Yokosuka
@asukal - since this is an English MUI, please keep the English as the main language standard input for now.

thanks to you, Pof and others on this forum for your hard work of making the hermes easier to use.:D