marc22

Jul 3, 2009
earth
I make Cowon Clock with make your clock

snap20110119192527.png

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
that looks quite good- for some reason the maximal size of my version is the half of yours...:( guess it depends on the phone screen resolution...

@rsmartin:
I changed the colours of the numerics of your modded clock without any problems- but I did not find the pngs from date and AM/PM... to change them too... Do you might help me?

rsmartin

Dec 3, 2010
bobstuff.org
@rsmartin:
I changed the colours of the numerics of your modded clock without any problems- but I did not find the pngs from date and AM/PM... to change them too... Do you might help me?

Hello, the dates and am/pm are not rendered from images, they are text drawn directly onto the canvas as text.

If you know how to compile and build an android project I can email you the project and you can change the two colour values, or you could wait until Sunday.

Reactions: Mrdaviso

marc22

Jul 3, 2009
earth
Hello, I spent the evening building this as I wanted to play with the widget api's.

It's a bit rough at the moment as it's the first widget I've done. Works fine on my desire and g1, if it works for you I could do a translation of the days and months next weekend.

I did not use the font you attached as I don't know if it is free to be distributed. The numbers strips are from marcarnals' rainmeter theme on deviantart, sorry can't link to him as I can't do outside links, and the text is plain old driod.

Cheers
Bob

great job

for next update please add 24H format and french translation

thanks

AlpineM3

Sep 22, 2010
Would this work on a droid incredible?

Hello, I spent the evening building this as I wanted to play with the widget api's.

It's a bit rough at the moment as it's the first widget I've done. Works fine on my desire and g1, if it works for you I could do a translation of the days and months next weekend.

I did not use the font you attached as I don't know if it is free to be distributed. The numbers strips are from marcarnals' rainmeter theme on deviantart, sorry can't link to him as I can't do outside links, and the text is plain old driod.

Cheers
Bob

Clayfree

Oct 17, 2006

Cheers
Bob

Great Job! Works very well on my Samsung Vibrant. Any chance you could make one that shows the Month/Day as the large numbers?

froli13

Jan 31, 2010
twitter.com

Cheers
Bob

Really nice!

My only request: Customizable colors!

Keep it up! ;)

tigger-gg

Jul 13, 2008
Thank you. Verry nice work :) !

Hm .... is this right ... 00:58 PM? Would it not mean 12:58?

Attachments

• snap20110127_125623.jpg
    snap20110127_125623.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,781
Last edited:

aditya104

Oct 17, 2010

Cheers
Bob

good job bob

emarsha

Oct 13, 2009
Dallas

Cheers
Bob

Works beautifully on my Samsung Vibrant, thank you! Its very nice!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

wngmv

Sep 9, 2009

Cheers
Bob

It works on G2/Vision as well. Cyanogenmod 6.1.*. If only now we could make it into a full fledged widget (color change... touch the app to open alarm clock or other app, etc). But, thank you for making this! IT'S so beautiful!

t3rm3y

Feb 18, 2009
Essex
this looks good, will try, but that planet clock widget looks awesom, the link is down, anyone got it?

Last edited:

rsmartin

Dec 3, 2010
bobstuff.org
Well I took a look at allowing colour choice and it looks like it will be a no go. The number stip was originally created with a commercial font, which I cannot supply with the apk so I can't generate new number strips on the device. I can't just alter the pixels either because the numbers have anti-aliasing applied to them.

I could try just changing the solid pixels to the new colour and run a gaussian blur over them to try apply a simple antialiasing to smooth out the edges, I may give this a try later in the week.

The only other possiblity appears to be finding a free font to replace FF Din Regular, which is difficult because its a very high quality roadsign style font.

My current plan is to opensource the projects code and get it up on github, hopefully by Wednesday (for the people who have PM'd me for it, sorry folks I was away till today) and have a think about how I might be able to do it. This will allow the people who know how to build an android project to change the number strips and xml variables manually.

Reactions: Mrdaviso

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
I made the both pngs for hours and minutes totaly new and saved them as photoshop doc. So I can take every free font and every colour I want by replacing the pngs within the apk. Would that files help you?

lovenars

Nov 20, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the color of the bar next to the date and day of the week. i changed the color of the orange to a hot pink, but for the life of me can't find the image for the bar! any help would b appreciated....thank you!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the color of the bar next to the date and day of the week. i changed the color of the orange to a hot pink, but for the life of me can't find the image for the bar! any help would b appreciated....thank you!

this was already asked before and this was the answer....
Hello, the dates and am/pm are not rendered from images, they are text drawn directly onto the canvas as text.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have pushed a code update to github, the features appear to have been rather painless which is always nice.

I have added a colour picker for custom colour choices.
    I ended up using https://github.com/attenzione/androi...ckerPreference which is an incredible, well put together little colour picker.

I added the ability to launch the clock app from the widget. This will attempt to open the clock if it can find one. Because some custom roms run custom clock apps and there is no published intent this might not work on your rom. If it fails to launch your specific clock please let me know the details.

I added the option to lowercase all the text similar to gomorrah's blue mod

I should have fixed the 12 hour 00 bug aswell!!

I did test it on a few devices so hopefully it works fine but if there are any problems please let me know.
    The plan is to put it on the market, for free, in the next few days when I get a chance.

I'm not developper of this APP,
    it's rsmartin who is developing this application.

source code https://github.com/bobthekingofegypt/BobClockD3

BobClockD3 by rsmartin

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

BobClockD3 is now available in the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock&feature=search_result

img.php.png

Cheers
    Bob
    Some people asked me about my personal version of this widget so I'm gonna share it.

3 colours avaiable so far, just pick one in the configuration screen.
    Only 24h mode.
    Not tested on HVGA or QVGA devices.

bcmc.jpg
    Hi to all fans of the BobClockD3,

08.03.2011: Time for an update. I released version 1.0.2.

Fixes 1.0.2 (08.03.2011):
    Rewrote the clock refreshing. Hopefully definitely solved the problems with wrong time display.
    Clock looks now smoother. Resolved the pixely look of some digits.

Fixes 1.0.1 (02.03.2011):
    It uses less resources.This should save battery life.
    Now the time should be always refreshed correctly (and no refresh when screen is off)
    Added hugrian translation (thanks to garyarts and vagyula)

After a lot of questions about which wallpaper, which battery widget and which weather widget it is time for a really improvement of the widget.

First of all I must gave credits to marc22 for the idea and to rsmartin for the first version and the source. And I am new to Android programming. So you have to give me time to understand some things better to improve the program.

I made some enhancements and fixed some errors.
    - It is now possible to choose the color in the configuration screen of the widget
    In this first version you must enter the values in the format #AARRGGBB. You can get them with a graphic program (Photoshop or Paint.NET)
    I will try to make a graphical color chooser in the next version
    - I fixed the time error in the 12 hour version
    - I made a german localizied version
    - Refresh of the widget after configuration
    - and a few other fixes

There are a lot of limitations at the moment but I will try to fix them in the next version. I also want to add some new features. One of the limitations is that you can only have one style of the widget. The settings are shared.

I hope you have fun with the new version and feel free to post problems or wanted features. I will check what is possible to implement.
    Any link for this widget clock.

Hi, I want this widget. How can i download this? Thanks

cap201101081131.jpg

Here

;)