[TOOL] [UPDATE 04/09/2015] Flashtool version 0.9.19.10 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

Zephyr_Ex

Sep 27, 2010
Thanks guys for making such an awesome, noob-friendly app! I have one question though, if I wish to unroot do I just have to reflash the regular firmware?

rodrigobauza82

Nov 2, 2010
Hi... Do the build 2.1.A.0.435 have the MultiTouch Improvements?? If not, in which order should I flash those files in my phone??
One more, I have the build 2.0.A.0.504, do I must wipe all user data?? There's something that I should know to not break my phone?

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Hi... Do the build 2.1.A.0.435 have the MultiTouch Improvements?? If not, in which order should I flash those files in my phone??
One more, I have the build 2.0.A.0.504, do I must wipe all user data?? There's something that I should know to not break my phone?

2.1.A.0.435 has dual touch improvements (not multi touch but no rom has multi touch, only dual touch).

Aug 1, 2010
Delhi
I am using 2.0.a.0.504 on my x10i. its vodafone branded. I'm totally new to the flashing thing, so i really need some help. From whatever iv read from various threads i am a bit confused about how to do it the correct way..iv noted the steps to be followed, are they ok?

1 i downloaded the flashtool 0.2.6 and Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5: 11712b23ed90eb0c279d19d2f4bcd3b0) from
Hi,

Download FlashTool version 0.2.6 :
http://www.multiupload.com/Q2NRGI76JR (MD5: 9055964A6B8A649EF7B9DEFB809751B6)

Firmwares for FlashTool version 0.2.4 and up
(If anyone has a ftf bundle version which is not listed here, just PM me a link to it, I will update this list)

X10i Generic
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5: 11712b23ed90eb0c279d19d2f4bcd3b0) (thanks arkedk)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24 (MD5: 715527B6E25871B3EC01119DF84E696A)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.A.0.504 (MD5: 38006C35A6935F45D14A2B3F1D42FFE0)

Regards
Androxyde
2 Do i need to download
Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
Bin4ry

3 On phone check "debbuging mode" on Setting > Applications > Development
4 install flashtool 0.2.6
5 put the firmware (.ftf file) in the firmware folder
6 Unplug your USB cable from PC
7 Power off the phone
8 Press back button and keep finger on button
9 Plug USB cable to PC
10 when green light comes, On popup message press "OK" button
11 then click on the flash button in the flashtool
12 when its done, pull out the usb cable

are these steps correct?
do i need to flash it again for dualtouch?
then to root, do i reconnect and then press root in the flashtool
install root explorer.busybox from market and then xrecovery..
is that all??
thanx in advance

C

caifanX10

I am using 2.0.a.0.504 on my x10i. its vodafone branded. I'm totally new to the flashing thing, so i really need some help. From whatever iv read from various threads i am a bit confused about how to do it the correct way..iv noted the steps to be followed, are they ok?

1 i downloaded the flashtool 0.2.6 and Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5: 11712b23ed90eb0c279d19d2f4bcd3b0) from

2 Do i need to download

3 On phone check "debbuging mode" on Setting > Applications > Development
4 install flashtool 0.2.6
5 put the firmware (.ftf file) in the firmware folder
6 Unplug your USB cable from PC
7 Power off the phone
8 Press back button and keep finger on button
9 Plug USB cable to PC
10 when green light comes, On popup message press "OK" button
11 then click on the flash button in the flashtool
12 when its done, pull out the usb cable

are these steps correct?
do i need to flash it again for dualtouch?
then to root, do i reconnect and then press root in the flashtool
install root explorer.busybox from market and then xrecovery..
is that all??
thanx in advance

Same here. Im running official .504 Build ROM. If I want to install a Generic ROM with the purpose of updating of course, the question is: can I jump from official ROM .504 to Generic ROM .435 by flashing, or do I need to install first the Generic .504 ROM and then try to update to .435?

Thanks guys.

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Same here. Im running official .504 Build ROM. If I want to install a Generic ROM with the purpose of updating of course, the question is: can I jump from official ROM .504 to Generic ROM .435 by flashing, or do I need to install first the Generic .504 ROM and then try to update to .435?

Thanks guys.

You can directly flash the latest version.

C

caifanX10

You can directly flash the latest version.

Excellent. Thanks bud, I'll try and I'll report how it goes.

Edit: It worked just perfectly. Currently running .435 build ROM. Thanks a lot for creating such a great tool. I'll consider donating as soon as "correct" my credit. :D

Last edited:

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
Hi Androxyde,

Just a small request :rolleyes:

If yourself or Bin4ry find the time would you be able to make a cut down (lite) version of flashtool for the E10 and U20? (as Xrecovery and JIT and possibly other features cant be used with flashtool on the mini/pro and the extra options just confuse Noobs and we have to do damage control over in the mini forums :rolleyes: )

We just need to be able to Flash firmware and install Root. (as Root should work on mini and pro too)

is this possible? (or do you mind if I upload the old non GUI version in the mini forum, it seems to be a little simpler and failsafe for the mini/pro?)

Cheers
Kiwi

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
Hi Androxyde,

Just a small request :rolleyes:

If yourself or Bin4ry find the time would you be able to make a cut down (lite) version of flashtool for the E10 and U20? (as Xrecovery and JIT and possibly other features cant be used with flashtool on the mini/pro and the extra options just confuse Noobs and we have to do damage control over in the mini forums :rolleyes: )

We just need to be able to Flash firmware and install Root. (as Root should work on mini and pro too)

is this possible? (or do you mind if I upload the old non GUI version in the mini forum, it seems to be a little simpler and failsafe for the mini/pro?)

Cheers
Kiwi

On the O.2.7 release, JIT should work for mini/miniPro

xRecovery should work too

kiwiBratwurst

Nov 1, 2010
Berlin
On the O.2.7 release, JIT should work for mini/miniPro

xRecovery should work too

Sweet! if thats the case then it should solve a lot of the issues we are having with Novice mini/pro users bricking their phones with flashtool.
(I haven't been able to get any newer version of Xrecovery working on the mini (we are still using 1.0) so will be keen to see how you integrate it in flashtool, or will there be a select device option? (and both xrecovery 1.0 and 3.0 included?)
I guess it will have to be the same for JIT as it will need different versions incorporated in flashtool to work on the U20/E10 compared to the X10...

might still be easier to just make a seperate mini/lite version of flashtool :eek:

But I look forward to the release, and hope you can make it work!

Thanks again.

Kiwi

mattiL

Mar 20, 2009
I have a delicate problem.

I run XP in VirtualBox 4.02 on Mac OS X, and try to get FlashTool 0.26 to detect my phone, I want to flash the baseband to .46.
No luck.

But SEUS works, and PC Companion.

It seems the do things differently.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
I need some help. Im trying to flash baseband back from .54 to .46 or .49
Everytime I try I get this

INFO: start
java.io.IOException: Unable to open channel, GetLastError=0
at com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative.impl.USBFlashNa tiveImpl.openChanne
l(Native Method)
at X10flash.main(X10flash.java:414)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
at X10flash.testPluged(X10flash.java:106)
at X10flash.run(X10flash.java:379)
at X10flash.main(X10flash.java:421)

can anyone help as I have asked a few people but no reply yet

mattiL

Mar 20, 2009
I need some help. Im trying to flash baseband back from .54 to .46 or .49
Everytime I try I get this

INFO: start
java.io.IOException: Unable to open channel, GetLastError=0
at com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative.impl.USBFlashNa tiveImpl.openChanne
l(Native Method)
at X10flash.main(X10flash.java:414)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
at X10flash.testPluged(X10flash.java:106)
at X10flash.run(X10flash.java:379)
at X10flash.main(X10flash.java:421)

can anyone help as I have asked a few people but no reply yet

You have to do some stuff manually to make this work, it seems some keys in windows registry have changed (maybe with new versions of SEUS/PC Companion ?).

1. Use the Registry Editor, go to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Enum>USB>Vid_0fce&Pid_adde>5&c1e6cce&0&1>Device Parameters>

And find the key called 'Symbolic Name', copy the BOLD part of the string (this is from my machine, yours will have a different value)

Key name >> Symbolic Name
Key String >> \??\USB#Vid_0fce&Pid_adde#5&c1e6cce&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}

2. Copy YOUR string (the one marked in BOLD is mine) into the file devices.txt

3. Use my attached X10Flash.bat (rename it, I had to call it .TXT to be able to upload it), I changed it so it doesn't try to find the device ID in the registry.

4. Run X10Flash.bat, Worked For Me (TM), in a VirtualBox machine on Mac OS X !

Attachments

• X10flash.bat.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: upsalarunvk and LJE

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
You have to do some stuff manually to make this work, it seems some keys in windows registry have changed (maybe with new versions of SEUS/PC Companion ?).

1. Use the Registry Editor, go to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Enum>USB>Vid_0fce&Pid_adde>5&c1e6cce&0&1>Device Parameters>

And find the key called 'Symbolic Name', copy the BOLD part of the string (this is from my machine, yours will have a different value)

Key name >> Symbolic Name
Key String >> \??\USB#Vid_0fce&Pid_adde#5&c1e6cce&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}

2. Copy YOUR string (the one marked in BOLD is mine) into the file devices.txt

3. Use my attached X10Flash.bat (rename it, I had to call it .TXT to be able to upload it), I changed it so it doesn't try to find the device ID in the registry.

4. Run X10Flash.bat, Worked For Me (TM), in a VirtualBox machine on Mac OS X !

Thanks for your help.
Got a couple of questions. Mine is 5&21e739f&0&1, do I copy the #'s aswell or just what I wrote there?
And also, where do I copy it to? Where do I find the file device.txt?

mattiL

Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for your help.
Got a couple of questions. Mine is 5&21e739f&0&1, do I copy the #'s aswell or just what I wrote there?
And also, where do I copy it to? Where do I find the file device.txt?

OOPS, a small mistake there, the file name is DeviceID.txt, and you do NOT add the hash (#) signs, just 5&21e739f&0&1, nothing else.

The file can be found in the corect_baseband folder where you find X10Flash.bat (did you unpack these files and folders from the firmware archive ?)

Reactions: LJE

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
OOPS, a small mistake there, the file name is DeviceID.txt, and you do NOT add the hash (#) signs, just 5&21e739f&0&1, nothing else.

The file can be found in the corect_baseband folder where you find X10Flash.bat (did you unpack these files and folders from the firmware archive ?)

alright, i'll check it out after work.
So i copy 5&21e739f&0&1 into DeviceID.txt inside the correct_baseband folder then run the flash.bat?
Sounds too easy... I'll let you know how I go in a about 6 hours when I knock off.
Thanks again

Reactions: MacDrunk

Carlo_WPG

Nov 7, 2010
I just flashed my 2.1 phone with Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 for the X10a.

Apon reboot I went through the settings and all seemed fine. However now I'm getting this message popping up every few minutes: "Can't download settings". I also noticed that I'm not seeing ANY APN's listed...

I'm on the Rogers network in Canada

Should I re-flash or just wait till I get a chance to install FreeX10 2.2?

Any help on resolving this would be awesome!

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast

Thanks mate, just did it and it's all good.
You're a champion :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] [UPDATE 21/12/2016] Flashtool version 0.9.23.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Hi,

I will take the lead on releases of this tool as Bin4ry will have less time to work on it.

For all flashtool informations (download links, changelog, screenshot gallery, FAQ, Firmwares repository) go to the Flashtool Homepage

Flashtool sources are on github : Androxyde repositories

WARNING : Since Xperia Z, sony added a new set of files I called bootbundle. Those files can be bundled from 0.9.13 and can be flashed from 0.9.13 only. To all those flashing devices from Z edition to all after Z, it is highly advised to use 0.9.13 and to be sure FTF you flash contain the bootbundle set. I've been reported of hard bricks because of missing such set of files from bundles.

I WANT TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ABOUT THE LATEST BRANCH 0.9.19. Without FSC, the tool will by default include simlock.ta if this file is present in the FTF. The result will be a bricked phone
    As a workaround, until I release a patch, please please tick the exlude simlock.ta if you see it in the list.
    0.9.19.6 fixes the simlock.ta issue. This file is by default excluded. Then it will not be flashed until you explicitely untick the exlcude simlock box. Do it at your own risk.

Regards
    Androxyde
    Baseband-package from 2.1.A.0.435 (X10i):
    http://www.multiupload.com/DBPJSA702G

Regards
    Bin4ry
    Here are mirrors if anyone needs them :) All on my Server.

Windows
    Linux
    Mac
    A new version of Flashtool will be released very soon with support for XZPremium, XZ1 and XZ1 compact

This release will move from java8 to java9. As a consequence, Flashtool will not run on 32bits OS platforms as java9 is 64bits only
    Hello all :)

Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.1)
    Here is a beta version of FT (0.9.17.2)

This release can normally root latest devices (towelroot implemented)

This release has a new feature : Check Devices -> Check update. Choose a device and you will have a table of CDF. Double click on one of them it will check release. Double click again once release is fetched and FT will download / decrypt and create FTF from files downloaded from sony servers :)

Feel free to report if you find bugs.
    PS : This update applies only on release 0.9.16.1 or 0.9.17.1

(Beta.zip as attachement to this post)