[GUIDE] Sprint sph p100 stock firmware RECEOVERY: last resort.

Search This thread

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
Ok i decided i post what i did to recovery my sprints tab from a bad kernel flash that i didn't install clock work recovery, I thought my tab was a lost cause which i even chatted with hsn were i bought mine at for a replacement which would've took up to 30days.. So awhile i wait for that i decided to try and get it working till i get the prepaid label lol

Matter what i did it kept getting stuck at the samsung screen and couldn't get into recovery but download mode work luckly. i tried all kernels listed and it still got stuck which at the time i thought my tab was bricked or semi brick.

What i did is keep searching for the stock firmware which was hard to find but i found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9753941#post9753941

Heres a direct link http://www.multiupload.com/WDKOUJSM2G
Thanks to ZoinksS2k for the tab sprint no modem firmware:)

And downloaded the stock no modem firmware the modem one is listed too but it will kill your gps and 3g might not work so i just did the no modem one.

So i downloaded it and odin was package with it and i couldn't get it to detect my tab in download mode ony when the tab was off it detected it..

So i tried heimdall and at first i couldn't get it to flash the start button was grayed out because i was putting the tar file into pda/code so i open the tar file and found factory.rfs param.ifs and cache.rfs and dbdata.rfs so i loaded all thoes in the heimfall boxes and than loaded the stock zimage which is in the tar too.

And than i flashed and saw the samsung screen and it went right pass it and played the samsung splash screen so i knew i was getting somewhere so it got stuck on the next samsung screen again.. So i turn it off and hold home button and volume up button than i push the power button and hold all 3 buttons till i saw the samsung screen and i left go the power button and the stock recovery loaded right up:)

So i did the wipe data/factory reset and i also did the wipe cache data just in case but im sure just the factory reset would work, And i restarted the tab and it went pass all screens and it loaded android!!! And everything was working 3g wifi gps and everything else.

So hopefully this guide will help others as a last resort if you ony get the samsung screen and download mode ony,If you get the receovery than just do the factory wipe.

This is worth a try first than sending it back to samsung and having to wait too get your tab back:) It sure saved me from having to send it back too hsn or samsung.

If you want you can thank me if this help you for providing the info:)

Last edited:

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
If you want to go back to fully stock then follow his instructions and flash the stock kernel from the Zephyr thread. I actually am in the same boat as the OP and followed his instructions and now I'm fully back to stock.

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
Yep just do what I said which the tar file also have the stock kernel too.

Right now im on the voodoo kernel which works perfect except that cdrom problem but camera works for me so im gonna still with.this kernel so far. It seems the new sprint update doesint work right with the voodoo kernel problaby why I dont have any problems because I didint install the sprint update.

So when you go back too stock and want too give the voodoo another try dont install the sprint update when it asks you too, And everything should work other than the sdcard cdrom problems, Which I can deal with till it gets fixed because I do love the speed of this voodoo kernel
And the sound:)

Last edited:

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
Thank you gordesky1 for posting your experience because I was going through the exact same thing and I was at a loss as to how to resolve it. Unfortunately I did install the update but I'm pretty sure if I flash the same files again that I will go back to the original rom if that's necessary. The big problem with that is that the exchange fix in the update was something i was waiting for =\ so I think i'm going to wait and see if some of these issues are fixed in the next update but I wonder if we have to get Boushh a Sprint tab though =\ every day I curse myself for not getting a t-mobile or at least a Verizon tab *sigh*

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
No problem:)

Ya tell me about it... Bad thing for me is the sprint was my ony option which i got it because hsn were i bought it from had a flex pay on this tab which they ony have the sprint tab, and at the time i couldint pay 400 or 600$ right out. And i also got a 3years warranty on top of it from them even if i break it or drop it anywere which i pretty much got for free because they made a mistake at first with some software:)

The other tabs have cheaper 3g too like 5gb for 15 too 30$ a month.. But so far sprint is treating me good and the 3g has been stable so far and pretty fast loading webpages and can usely watch a youtube video but dont want too use up my monthy usage lol i usely use up too 500 too 600mbs max out of 2g and i useit every day and even download apps with it when im not near a wifi spot and listen too pandora too so i was suprized i didint get close too the 2gb limit yet.

Hopefully this thread will help more and save them from having too send it back too samsung or were they got it from, i know how it feels not having this tab which i use everyday at work.

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
I knew not to flash the modem from the restore package posted but when I tried to restore I used the .pit and the .tar. Failed at modem. So, being dumb I flashed the modem file. ugh.

Now I know all you need to do is flash the .tar, nothing else, no pit.

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
Your welcome and glad it helped:) I figure it was worth posting sense it brought my tab back too life which i thought i would've had too sent it back and waited a month or so, And wanted others too get there tab back too life with out playing the wait game which i really hate .. lol

jcaf77

Jan 29, 2009
south east
well, I tried installing the update from sprint and goes back to CMW and starts doing the freaking back up again!! What the heck!!! anyone can tell me how to get back to stock recovery!! this is driving me nuts!

lphillips80

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
this worked! I was able to get rid of CWM, my tab is 100% stock again! thanks a bunch!
I flash the above .tar and .pit with Odin and I still can't get rid of CWM. I had CWM 3.0 working. Then I flashed a Kernel (Khasmek) with kernel flasher and the damn thing froze on the splash screen. So I odin and it doesn't do a full factory reset. CWM folder is still there. Does anbody know how to completely revert back to stock firmware?

I basically want to start over from scratch and never use Kernel flasher.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
I flash the above .tar and .pit with Odin and I still can't get rid of CWM. I had CWM 3.0 working. Then I flashed a Kernel (Khasmek) with kernel flasher and the damn thing froze on the splash screen. So I odin and it doesn't do a full factory reset. CWM folder is still there. Does anbody know how to completely revert back to stock firmware?

I basically want to start over from scratch and never use Kernel flasher.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Flash the zImage from the stock rom in the recovery slot using hiemdall and it will flash the stock recovery over cwm.

jcaf77

Jan 29, 2009
south east
I performed that action and it works it does get rid of CWM but now I am still unable to install sprint updates they fail half way into it

technote

Aug 2, 2006
I performed that action and it works it does get rid of CWM but now I am still unable to install sprint updates they fail half way into it

I am having the exact same problem, really wish I had read your post before I attempted to get CWM on my sprint galaxy tab.

I believe the update failed for me due to mismatch baseband (EB28) and system build (DJ30), I am looking for a roto backup copy of system build EB28, if anyone have it, please help and upload!

Many thanks.

Last edited:

lphillips80

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
I flashed the zImage with heimdall and it still wont do a sprint system update and also I cannot do the cwm process again to format to ext4.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

technote

Aug 2, 2006
I flashed the zImage with heimdall and it still wont do a sprint system update and also I cannot do the cwm process again to format to ext4.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Check out the newly leaked EA24 flasher, it will update both system and baseband to EA24 and you will be able to update after that.

AnthonyAldrete

Dec 4, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
okay, im farily new to the galaxy tab forums, only reason im here is because my friend bricked his tab and figured i could take a stab at it, i mean im good at fixing my galaxy s so i figured, how hard can this be. Wrong, my head is killing me because i cant figure this out. His tab is stuck in a boot loop mean it goes to the "samsung" screen and then stays there forever. I tried using odin with the stock firmware with no modem, everything went good but when it attemped to restart still nothing ? can someone please school me on how to do this properly please. Im a pretty good listener if im given descent instructions lol please by all means HELP lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok i decided i post what i did to recovery my sprints tab from a bad kernel flash that i didn't install clock work recovery, I thought my tab was a lost cause which i even chatted with hsn were i bought mine at for a replacement which would've took up to 30days.. So awhile i wait for that i decided to try and get it working till i get the prepaid label lol

Matter what i did it kept getting stuck at the samsung screen and couldn't get into recovery but download mode work luckly. i tried all kernels listed and it still got stuck which at the time i thought my tab was bricked or semi brick.

What i did is keep searching for the stock firmware which was hard to find but i found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9753941#post9753941

Heres a direct link http://www.multiupload.com/WDKOUJSM2G
    Thanks to ZoinksS2k for the tab sprint no modem firmware:)

And downloaded the stock no modem firmware the modem one is listed too but it will kill your gps and 3g might not work so i just did the no modem one.

So i downloaded it and odin was package with it and i couldn't get it to detect my tab in download mode ony when the tab was off it detected it..

So i tried heimdall and at first i couldn't get it to flash the start button was grayed out because i was putting the tar file into pda/code so i open the tar file and found factory.rfs param.ifs and cache.rfs and dbdata.rfs so i loaded all thoes in the heimfall boxes and than loaded the stock zimage which is in the tar too.

And than i flashed and saw the samsung screen and it went right pass it and played the samsung splash screen so i knew i was getting somewhere so it got stuck on the next samsung screen again.. So i turn it off and hold home button and volume up button than i push the power button and hold all 3 buttons till i saw the samsung screen and i left go the power button and the stock recovery loaded right up:)

So i did the wipe data/factory reset and i also did the wipe cache data just in case but im sure just the factory reset would work, And i restarted the tab and it went pass all screens and it loaded android!!! And everything was working 3g wifi gps and everything else.

So hopefully this guide will help others as a last resort if you ony get the samsung screen and download mode ony,If you get the receovery than just do the factory wipe.

This is worth a try first than sending it back to samsung and having to wait too get your tab back:) It sure saved me from having to send it back too hsn or samsung.

If you want you can thank me if this help you for providing the info:)
    okay, im farily new to the galaxy tab forums, only reason im here is because my friend bricked his tab and figured i could take a stab at it, i mean im good at fixing my galaxy s so i figured, how hard can this be. Wrong, my head is killing me because i cant figure this out. His tab is stuck in a boot loop mean it goes to the "samsung" screen and then stays there forever. I tried using odin with the stock firmware with no modem, everything went good but when it attemped to restart still nothing ? can someone please school me on how to do this properly please. Im a pretty good listener if im given descent instructions lol please by all means HELP lol

1. Download & install Heimdall (take a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878686)
    2. Download the firmware from the link on the OP in this thread
    The link is a .rar file. Extract it, and you'll get tab_sprint_noModem_20101226.tar.
    Extract the .tar and you'll get:
    cache.rfs
    dbdata.rfs
    factoryfs.rfs
    param.lfs
    zimage
    3. Connect your tab to the PC
    4. Power up the tab into Download Mode (hold vol down and press power)
    Note: don't hold the power button too long, just long enough to power up
    Do continue to hold the vol down button until you get the download screen
    5. Open Heimdall
    Use the "Browse" buttons in the various sections to select the appropriate files
    zimage goes in BOTH the kernel AND recovery slots
    factoryfs.rfs goes in the FactoryFS slot
    cache.rfs goes in the Cache slot
    dbdata.rfs goes in the Database Data slot
    param.lfs goes in the Param.lfs slot
    4. Hit "Start" to flash
    5. Power down the tab
    6. Power back up into recovery mode (hold vol up and press power)
    7. Wipe data and cache

Your tab should now boot

I HIGHLY recommend reading all the way through this thread, the one it links to, and the ones I've linked to before starting this.

If you see anything that contradicts or causes confusion, ask before you start.

I am NOT an expert, lol. I am just giving you what I've learned :)