Or Continue to Thread: [SOLVED] Replace Defy Earpiece
Find Your Device:
14th March 2011, 09:58 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

130 posts
No problem guys, i hope you never have the issues but i know it did hit alot of people including me and motorolla claim mines was out of warranty being only 3 months old ?! but hey i dont have time to argue or mess about as i need my phone.
I will try to get some pictures up but in the meantime follow these steps it is so so simple :

1. Remove battery & SIM card
2. Remove the 7 screws from around the phone casing and the 2 silver screws underneath the back cover. ( You will need very small torx bits )
3. Separate the two halfs of the casing, ( very stiff and fiddly but dont be affraid to use a little force )
4. Carefully lift off the 2 connectors on the main PCB board and lift it out ( careful not to lose the yellow rubber washers )
5. Use a small pair of pliers or long nosed pliers to gently grib either side of the earpiece and slowly wiggle side to side untill it comes loose and lifts out ( This takes patience as it is very well glued in but does free off )
6. Take your new K850i earpiece and place into the slot with the two springy copper terminals facing up towards the top of the phone ( you dont HAVE to but i did flatten the terminals a little bit so not to bend the PCB board when you place it back in ) having the springy terminals on these earpieces placed the correct way up creates a very solid connection to the board too unlike the original earpieces which dont have any at all just flat terminals.
7. Return the PCB board back into position and reattach the 2 connectors removed in step 4.
8. Return the casing back into place and install all the screws ( dont forget the 2 SILVER screws FIRST, these hold the PCB board down to the casing and hold the connection solid to the earpiece )
9. Place SIM card and battery back in and boot up your fresh earpieced Defy

Pictures to follow soon hopefully

Cheers
Wizard123

*EDIT*

Have attached some pictures to reference, hope they help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0060.jpg
Views:	9529
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	542860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0062.jpg
Views:	8545
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	542861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0065.jpg
Views:	8001
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	542862   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0068.jpg
Views:	7827
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	542863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0066.jpg
Views:	7401
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	542865  
Last edited by wizard123; 15th March 2011 at 12:26 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to wizard123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]