[Q] How to make hard reset for XPERIA Arc ?

Search This thread

XuMEPA

May 30, 2008
How to perform hard-reset at power on for XPERIA LT15i ?

1. Update from PC not possible - system freeze on PC.

2. Reset through menu is not possible - last button with word "Reset all" don't make anything (any data and programs is still "on board").

3. Hard resed with:
- back + menu (as left and right) then power - is not working
- Home+Volume Up then power - is not working

Shutterspark

Feb 20, 2011
Tokyo
How to perform hard-reset at power on for XPERIA LT15i ?

1. Update from PC not possible - system freeze on PC.

2. Reset through menu is not possible - last button with word "Reset all" don't make anything (any data and programs is still "on board").

3. Hard resed with:
- back + menu (as left and right) then power - is not working
- Home+Volume Up then power - is not working

Are you sure Settings->Privacy->Factory Reset doesn't work? I've used it twice already and it did the job.

Anyway, try Home + Volume Down(not Up), then power on.

XuMEPA

May 30, 2008

Yes, I'm shure... I press "Reset phone" ten times right now - all programs still "on board". Pressing of button don't have any reaction.

How long time I must press this buttons ? Because I try to press it short or long - and still have no reaction (system starts, and all programs still "on board")

Shutterspark

Feb 20, 2011
Tokyo
Yes, I'm shure... I press "Reset phone" ten times right now - all programs still "on board". Pressing of button don't have any reaction.

How long time I must press this buttons ? Because I try to press it short or long - and still have no reaction (system starts, and all programs still "on board")

If you have the key combination right, it should give you instructions for a factory reset as soon as the phone turns on.

muk12

Dec 16, 2008
New Zealand
Intstruction not shown... :( Normal boot..
My SE ARC was frozen while using Titanim back up - i rebooted it - and the spb shell didnt load up when it came back -was a black screen - so i rebooted it again and now the phone is stuck on the SE logo :( and the bloody SE update software is not availble for MAC OS X :( m downloading virtual windows to fix it.

NielDK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
Farum
Should be the left and right buttons on button of display and then power on.
Remove and reinsert battery before doing this.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

muk12

Dec 16, 2008
New Zealand
I tried all possible ways to do a hardreset y.day ,at last I had use SEUS and flash the phone to defaults - ROOOTED AGAIN :)

DahIzzo

Jan 26, 2010
Mannheim
+1

hardresett is not working...

just TRY to use it by urself :p

not possible to get into that booting menue to hardresett the device completely.

It just starts normally, doesnt matter witch keys u press.... :(:confused:

Shinkoku

May 23, 2009
Nah, same problem.
Get a "safe mode" screen.
If anyone knows the button combination, please share.
Seems a lot has been done... could it be there is no such option for xperia at all, to get to boot mode?..

Juham666

Jan 7, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7562646
The codes should work for all android phones, that used to work on my x10...

sinkster©

Help pls.. My sony st15i doesnt repond to touch,.. I think it is because of the script that i run to fix the overhet issue.. The prob is it boots but i cant unlock and i cant type numbers.. How can i input that to my phone.. i cant unlock it T_T:(

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hold back and menu, then press power briefly until it powers on and then release power, don't let go of the back and menu buttons until the phone powers on, it should say safe mode down the bottom left, then go ahead and factory reset the phone.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: arash-k7

arash-k7

Jan 22, 2010
Hold back and menu, then press power briefly until it powers on and then release power, don't let go of the back and menu buttons until the phone powers on, it should say safe mode down the bottom left, then go ahead and factory reset the phone.

Hope this helps.

thnx it work for me.arc s lt18:):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HArd reset Xperia Arc

In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
    Go to the last option.. I forgot the name. And click on reset configuration.. It will do a factory reset.
    Note : All data on internal memory will be wiped.

Hope this helps.
    hard reset xperia arc S

Are you sure Settings->Privacy->Factory Reset doesn't work? I've used it twice already and it did the job.

Here is the solution for..........
    dial *#*#7378423#+#+
    then go to customization setting
    reset customization.........
    rest and reboot.........
    its done....................:good: