I did a little more research and it turns out that this is a common problem for anyone moving from 2.2 to 2.3 on evo. I found the fix by doing a GPSCLRX from my rooted stock sense rom.
0) Download the 2.3ROM and optional google apps to your sdcard; place it somewhere you can find them when in recovery
1) Download 'msl reader' from android market, run it and record your msl or call Sprint and beg for your msl number and record it for later.
2) ***MOST IMPORTANT PART*** you have to do this from a stock sense ROM. If you made a backup prior to your initial install of a custom ROM just restore it if not get stock ROM from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...upersonic/ROMs
3) Once your stock ROM is up verify your GPS works and locks (GPS toolbox or Maps etc..)
4) With your GPS on; Open dialer and press ##GPSCLRX# or ##4772579#
3) When prompted for the password input your msl code from step 1
4) Phone will reboot in 20 seconds
5) Reboot into recover (power button + down volume)
6) Wipe everything and FLASH 2.3ROM + latest gapps