Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsai View Post
hey, this is quite an interesting thread. i'm still quite new to the hermes, and still playing it safe (haven't done any flashing yet... only reading and waiting). i have the X01ht with it's original ROM (and currently unlockable radio BL). i lurk these forums frequently, and still have a hard time figuring out what requires unlocking and what doesn't.

anyway, relating to the content of this thread, i'm looking to get an english mui installed on my japanese OS. the only other options seem to be 1) Asukal's MUI (which at this point seems like the best solution... i'm just still not completely sure) or 2) installing a new ROM altogether. i don't quite want to switch to an english OS, because i like the japanese/kanji predictive input. also still a bit worried about warranty voiding by flashing a different ROM file. only thing i want more englishized than it already is are the menus. the keyboards are fine.

anyone else looking a similar english solution to a japanese OS? hmmm... am i correct in assuming that too would require ROM flashing? i think i would risk an english softbank ROM...
If you don't wish to flash then Asukal's mui is indeed your best option. if you want to flash then you will have to recover the softbank AP info

Asukal Mui is easy to install and doesn't mess with your rom .. don't like it ? .. a hard reset will restore your default

A very cool solution .. i have asked him -very nicely if he would be a Eng MUI for my Sharp EM One

Rob