Hi everyone.
I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.

Most considerable changes:
  • Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
  • Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
  • Replaced youtube with the old working version.
  • Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
  • Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
  • Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)

Other changes:
  • Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
  • Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
  • Changed alarm clock.
  • Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
  • Changed music player with music mod.
  • Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
  • Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember.

Warning, notes etc...:
  • All apps are free apps from market.
  • Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
    • Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
    • Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
    • Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
  • App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
  • This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you.

How to install:
  1. First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
  2. Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
  3. Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
  4. Flash.
  5. The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
  6. While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.

File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO

I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome.