Thanks Meter 3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trieste - Treviso
I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.
Most considerable changes:
- Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
- Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
- Replaced youtube with the old working version.
- Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
- Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
- Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)
Warning, notes etc...:
- Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
- Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
- Changed alarm clock.
- Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
- Changed music player with music mod.
- Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
- Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember.
How to install:
- All apps are free apps from market.
- Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
- Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
- Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
- Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
- App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
- This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you.
File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO
- First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
- Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
- Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
- The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
- While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.
I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome.