Talking acer A500 rooted

Editing this post as it now being linked directly from other pages.

Go Here Initial Root for A500 for updated version & information in the A500 forum

What I did to gain root:
  • turned on usb debugging & unknown sources
  • leave usb connected between tablet and pc
  • must have microsd card in the device (you may loose all the data on the card, read Chainfire thread)
  • split open chainfire's gingerbreak.apk with apktool
  • hex edited the gingerbrake.png change HONEY to HRI66 (see this link after reading the exploit)
  • added the updated su from xoom (thanks guys for coming to help me!)
  • recreated the apk with apktool
  • resigned with apkmanager
  • pushed to /data/local
  • launched apk install using oi file mananger entering the whole path to apk
  • set tablet in portrait mode and locked rotation
  • run the gingerbreak tool (it installs the root, updates SU and installed superuser.apk) waited about 4-5 tense minutes
  • confirmed root in terminal
  • install busybox

so going to attach my version.. usual rules apply, if you break then best efforts but in the end it's was up to you to click 'root'

Thank you for your tools and time:
apkmanager; Daneshm90
apktool; brutall
Superuser honeycomb; j4mm3r
gingerbreak initial version ; Chainfire (Please review this for all the requirements)
The Android Exploid Crew for the exploit

Thanks you people for your help and input:
lou0611,dc13,maddler,nycbjr,seraphimserapis, it2steve, thor2002ro, rmgold & of course all of the team xda-developers

Special thanks to maddler for pointing us to the exploit
Chainfire for his apk version and work on gingerbreak

thanks to the other who have also posted step by steps please review them as well incase I missed something...
Attached Files
File Type: apk GingerBreak-v1.20.apk - [Click for QR Code] (296.8 KB, 56411 views)
[Retired: Optus Dream\G1 - Retired - | Desire - Damaged USB\Main Board | Samsung Galaxy 5 - lost my imei| Samsung Galaxy 5 - - lost phone | Defy - faulty echo during calls | Defy - spare | EVO3D - spare |A500 - wife's ]
[Active: CM10.1 on Nexus 4 | Xperia V | Xoom MZ601 ]