Or Continue to Thread: Entourage pocket edge developm…
Find Your Device:
22nd May 2011, 07:47 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Pocket Edge
emusan -

Sorry I haven't responded. I'm considering creating a fake account and uploading the backup files, which would make the process pretty easy for most people. However, that would take some time, and I just need to set aside a few minutes to get this done.

Everyone -

I discovered a fairly cool tweak. One of the big weaknesses of this device is how it handles the sdcard. It is installed as "extsdcard" rather than "sdcard," meaning that it has limited functionality in certain applications. For example, RepliGo Reader only looks for PDF files in the sdcard directory. In addition, I've been having trouble installing Angry Birds and some other games.

With a little effort, you can actually swap the "sdcard" and "extsdcard" directories. That way, the system will recognize your external sdcard in the "sdcard" folder, while assigning your internal memory to the extsdcard one. This allows you to more fully take advantage of the expandable sdcard slot (and, instead, use the rather scrawny internal memory as extra storage).

Here's how this works. You use root explorer to navigate to the etc folder. Once there, you will find two files: void.fstab.internal and void.fstab.external. You want to mount r/w and then open them in the text editor. Afterwards, you want to swap all references to "sdcard" with "extsdcard." Then, you want to swap all references to "extsdcard" with "sdcard." After you reboot your device, you should have successfully swapped the two memory devices. Just be aware that you might have to reinstall some apps that utilized files on the original sdcard.

In addition, you should be able to install Angry Birds by just removing the sdcard. It does run really slow, but it's kind of cool to see on the big screen.

Anyway, good luck guys! Just wanted to share this with you!
Last edited by kennyminot; 22nd May 2011 at 07:50 PM.