SDHC/WM6: Extract drivers?

Search This thread

malatesta

May 15, 2006
NY
Just curious: the consensus seems to strongly hint that the WM6 upgrade adds SDHC support to the 750.

Can anyone extract those drivers for others to use? (Here I'm thinking about other Treo users, like the 700 series--though hopefully it'll work on SD as well as miniSD).

Any volunteers?

tia

--Mal

nemanracing

Aug 18, 2005
Riverside, CA
Anyone? Im trying to convince one of my friends to let me upgrade his 750 to WM6. If i am able to convince him then i'll just need help on how to extract the drivers...

abs99

Feb 17, 2007
I don't have an SDHC card, so I don't know if they are compatible or not. However, the leaked WM6 does allow you to choose to encrypt the data on your memory card so it can only be read by your phone. Not sure if this helps.

Andrew

medenblik

Jul 6, 2005
I don't have an SDHC card, so I don't know if they are compatible or not. However, the leaked WM6 does allow you to choose to encrypt the data on your memory card so it can only be read by your phone. Not sure if this helps.

Andrew

I upgraded to WM6.0 on my Treo 750 and now my 4.0 GIG SDHC mini sd works. The treo would not recognize the card on WM5.0, so the drivers must be built into WM6.0.

-Keith

bleony

Yes, I found the drivers in the registry:

scr050804501500pa1.png
scr050804510101ka7.png

How could I extract this for you? :confused:

malatesta

May 15, 2006
NY
bleony,

Very cool! This might work then. Let me look into what needs to be done and I'll get back to you as I'm not sure how to proceed next, lol (Plus I don't have an SDHC card to test either!)

...off to fetch help!

Last edited:

nemanracing

Aug 18, 2005
Riverside, CA
I have an 4GB SDHC, so once we get something extracted and transfered i'm good to test... As far as my friend goes he sold his 750 before i got back to him and bought an iPhone...

dominick_7

Feb 4, 2007