* How to make backup of stock recovery
1. download dump-recovery-signed.zip and put it as update.zip on root of SD card (e.g. /sdcard/update.zip) *1 *2
2. install update.zip from stock recovery *3
stock recovery will be dumped as dumped_recovery.img and /proc/mtd will be copied as dumped_proc_mtd.txt on root of SD card. keep them in safe place.
* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
1. make backup of stock recovery
2. download recovery.zip and put it as update.zip on root of SD card (e.g. /sdcard/update.zip) *1 *2
3. install update.zip from stock recovery *3
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.
how to operate: MENU/VOL- = next(down), SEARCH/VOL+ prev(up), HOME/POWER = select, BACK = back
*1 if recovery is 3e, you can put it with any name on any directory in SD card
*2 some tablets/roms mount internal storage as /sdcard. confirm update.zip exists on root of SD card.
*3 some tablets/roms have system update function in Settings to install update.zip
* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (alternative)
a. flash recovery.img in recovery.zip by fastboot (if your tablet has fastboot mode)
b. flash recovery.img in recovery.zip by flash_image command on root shell
c. flash tcc_mtd.img with clockworkmod recovery.img by FWDN
you may need to delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh before install (if it exists on your tablet)
* How to install CyanogenMod 7
1. install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
2. reboot recovery
3. make backup of stock ROM
4. wipe data/factory reset *4
5. install cyanogen.zip
7. touchscreen calibration *4 *5
*4 only if you are upgrading from non-CM7 ROM (CM7 1st install)
*5 only if you are using resistive touchscreen or misaligned capacitive touchscreen. if calibration is not needed, press BACK to cancel calibration.
* How to flash FWDN image (Windows PC is required)
1. download FWDN_V7_v2.13.exe
2. download & install VTC Driver v5.xx for your Windows PC
3. download lk.rom and tcc_mtd.img for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!)
4. connect power cable (do not use USB power for safety)
ii) flash bootloader(lk.rom) you can skip this step if you already flashed proper lk.rom or you don't have proper lk.rom for your tablet
1. start FWDN on PC
2. drag & drop lk.rom into FWDN window
3. (re)boot tablet into FWDN mode
4. connect PC and tablet (window popped and size of "NAND Data" is displayed in Area Map in FWDN window)
5. confirm checkbox of lk.rom is checked
6. click "Start" & wait complete
7. disconnect & reboot tablet into FWDN mode to use new(just flashed) bootloader
8. uncheck checkbox of lk.rom (it's ok if checked but no reason to flash again in next step)
iii) flash Android image and initialize internal NAND(FAT) partition
1. drag & drop tcc_mtd.img into FWDN window
2. (re)boot tablet into FWDN mode (if you forgot it in 7. in previous step)
3. connect PC and tablet
4. click "NAND Data" in Area Map in FWDN window *6 *7
5. fill "Image File Path" (use [...] button) *8
6. click "Create Image" (NAND Data.fai will be added in main FWDN window)
7. confirm checkbox of tcc_mtd.img and NAND Data.fai are checked
8. click "Start" & wait complete (take several minutes)
9. disconnect & reboot tablet
*6 creating new NAND Data.fai is required when size of NAND Data(FAT partition) is changed by flashing new lk.rom in previous step. you can use same NAND Data.fai if you are using same lk.rom. don't use NAND Data.fai from other people.
*7 if size of NAND Data is not changed, you can skip flashing NAND Data.fai to keep your files in NAND(FAT) partition.
*8 you can make non-empty NAND Data.fai in this window
Last edited by fun_; 8th October 2011 at 12:42 AM.