ns4g whos keeping it and whos not?

Search This thread

fixxxer2008

Jun 22, 2008
West Michigan
well ive decided today that im putting mine up for sale on craigslist for full asking price and im going to go buy a new evo. this will be the last samsung i buy. :mad:

i was going to hold onto it and wait for the signal fix but once again today i went 90% of the time without a signal and my phone died in 7 hours at work. i need something that will last.

i wish you all luck!

so whos keeping it and whos not?

splmonster

Aug 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
More spamming of this board with your complaining. The phone is not defective.. That definition would clearly mean hardware issues. You still fail to realize not everyone is suffering your issues. I understand that people are, and do believe all of you, but do not generalize something that has been clearly said it's not happening to all consumers that own the device. But again STOP spamming this board and others with your negativity. You have been saying for a week now that you got that device on an upgrade and were still in the 30 day window for return. So why wouldn't you just return it and get another device? Sounds to me someone is lying.

Just to add.. My Nexus S is flawless and I love my device. Wouldn't trade it for another phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: styckx

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
Love my NS4G. I wouldn't trade it for anything but another nexus. I can live with some signal issues. I'm sure sprint will come through.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
well ive decided today that im putting mine up for sale on craigslist for full asking price and im going to go buy a new evo. this will be the last samsung i buy. :mad:

i was going to hold onto it and wait for the signal fix but once again today i went 90% of the time without a signal and my phone died in 7 hours at work. i need something that will last.

i wish you all luck!

Good luck man

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Oh dear God, you're gonna start showing up more in the Evo section again, huh? We were just getting used to your fading number of posts.

:(

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Just go already, why do you insist on badmouthing this device? I'm sorry you seem to have a defective one but its really falling on deaf ears posting your rants here. Do you really think sprint Samsung or Google even read this stuff? And another thing...these forums are visited by a very small percentage of folks who own theses devices...so starting something here is not effective. You need to hassle them on twitter or android central ....

On topic, I love this device and am committing to Google backed devices from here on out. I am so sick of all the carrier bloatware on the other ones. I am also one who swore off Samsung after having a moment and then an epic but changed my tune when I heard the Google nexus was coming to sprint, I was toying with the idea of switching carriers just for it but now I have the best of both worlds IMO.....so please stop with the pity party already and move on, no need to rain on our parade because you have no patience to let things get resolved like returning the phone and getting another one maybe...this device isn't even a month old, you do know how long it took HTC to get the evo straightened out right?

Sorry for my rant but I've been watching your posts for a while now and not saying anything so maybe its my fault for penting it up....

Long live aosp!

sent from the nexus of the 4g universe

wirelessness

Mar 28, 2009
once again today i went 90% of the time without a signal

Dude, that is WAY outside the numbers that EVERYONE who claim to be experiencing signal issues are encountering. There is clearly something above and beyond what others are experiencing going on with your handset. I can't remember if/how many times you swapped it out but I would probably try that first/again.

My NS4G fluctuates between 0% and 1% time without a signal. It never fails to connect and pass data. The 3G and especially 4G speeds are just slower...that's all. The battery lasts well over 12 hours of solid usage.

Right now I'm on the fence about returning it...not for this issue but because I am considering the Evo 3d instead.

Reactions: styckx

fixxxer2008

Jun 22, 2008
West Michigan
Apparently you guys arent visiting the sprint forums. I meant i had zero bars almost 90% of the time today. Do some research before you critize anyone. And no i dont hate the phone i just hate the issues.

If i hated it i wouldnt of published a theme for you guys.

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
I really like the phone but yeah signal problems are killing me right now. Especially with WiFi. If I move one room away from my router my WiFi signal drops to 1 bar.

I really cant complain about phone signal as I really have not used the phone much...what I can say is...it works when I need it. I think I will just hang on till the EVO 3D comes out...hopefully the E3D wont be plagued with bugs (crosses fingers).

fixxxer2008

Jun 22, 2008
West Michigan
I really like the phone but yeah signal problems are killing me right now. Especially with WiFi. If I move one room away from my router my WiFi signal drops to 1 bar.

I really cant complain about phone signal as I really have not used the phone much...what I can say is...it works when I need it. I think I will just hang on till the EVO 3D comes out...hopefully the E3D wont be plagued with bugs (crosses fingers).

Id wait for the 3d too but it looks as it will be another month before it comes. I do know ill never buy a phone at launch again. Ill give it a few months. Im sure the 3d will have bugs too and probbably bad battery life.

I think the reason for my current bad battery is because of a bad signal. I just cannot see this being a sprint network issue.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
facepalm20collage203.jpg

kiesow567

Mar 4, 2008

i wish you all luck!

You want a phone that will last but you are getting an Evo? I came from the Evo and it was, without a doubt, the buggiest phone I've ever had. It was also a battery hog. I don't think you will be pleased with it if you don't like the Nexus S.

hdnet1

Aug 30, 2010
Have you tried swapping it out yet?

Apparently you guys arent visiting the sprint forums. I meant i had zero bars almost 90% of the time today. Do some research before you critize anyone. And no i dont hate the phone i just hate the issues.

If i hated it i wouldnt of published a theme for you guys.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

splmonster

Aug 5, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I personally think something fishy is going on with him. He mentioned countless times this was an upgrade and was still in his 30 day window until like June 8th or something. So why not return to get the upgrade back? I think he is just trolling and lying about all this. Another reason why he wouldn't show the phone having problems in his crappy video he made. He just would beat the bush and say he couldn't. lol

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
You want a phone that will last but you are getting an Evo? I came from the Evo and it was, without a doubt, the buggiest phone I've ever had. It was also a battery hog. I don't think you will be pleased with it if you don't like the Nexus S.

Yeah the evo at first had a ton of bugs but now with the latest cm7 it seemed to work fine for me. There are some bugs I'm sure but I have not run into them while using cm7 and evo.

wirelessness

Mar 28, 2009
Apparently you guys arent visiting the sprint forums. I meant i had zero bars almost 90% of the time today. Do some research before you critize anyone.

I call BS. I've been all over every forum regarding this issue and no one but you is claiming to be without a signal 90% of the time. Like I said, you are having a unique problem that might be solved by a hardware swap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For someone with an alias of Fixer, you sure do a lot of complaining and not a lot of fixing.
    Love my NS4G. I wouldn't trade it for anything but another nexus. I can live with some signal issues. I'm sure sprint will come through.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
    Just go already, why do you insist on badmouthing this device? I'm sorry you seem to have a defective one but its really falling on deaf ears posting your rants here. Do you really think sprint Samsung or Google even read this stuff? And another thing...these forums are visited by a very small percentage of folks who own theses devices...so starting something here is not effective. You need to hassle them on twitter or android central ....

On topic, I love this device and am committing to Google backed devices from here on out. I am so sick of all the carrier bloatware on the other ones. I am also one who swore off Samsung after having a moment and then an epic but changed my tune when I heard the Google nexus was coming to sprint, I was toying with the idea of switching carriers just for it but now I have the best of both worlds IMO.....so please stop with the pity party already and move on, no need to rain on our parade because you have no patience to let things get resolved like returning the phone and getting another one maybe...this device isn't even a month old, you do know how long it took HTC to get the evo straightened out right?

Sorry for my rant but I've been watching your posts for a while now and not saying anything so maybe its my fault for penting it up....

Long live aosp!

sent from the nexus of the 4g universe
    Fixxer, I realize you have a lot of probs with your phone in general. I honestly think it is something that you are either doing wrong, or you should go get your device replaced. From the sound of it, it seems like you live in a pretty ****ty area if your battery is going that fast due to searching for signal. That is a common problem, Have you tried any type of PRL mod, or roam control at least. The reception issue you bring up is there but when i make phone calls reception sticks for me, further more i live in a horrible sprint coverage area, and i have chose to use a hybrid PRL. even though i also have the signal bar fade issue and slower than normal data speeds which yes can be because of software issues, i have not experienced such dramatic instances as you have...

My conclusion, "NO OFFENSE"" Either yes sell it - Or get a replacement and quit *****ing. I think there are some peps here that acknowledge the problem and either understand or just get rid of the phone because it does not work for them..
    I to have had the epic the evo and none were perfect in fact far from..And all issues were ironed out eventually...SOOOOO In a nut shell you either have no idea??? or quit complaining...
    More spamming of this board with your complaining. The phone is not defective.. That definition would clearly mean hardware issues. You still fail to realize not everyone is suffering your issues. I understand that people are, and do believe all of you, but do not generalize something that has been clearly said it's not happening to all consumers that own the device. But again STOP spamming this board and others with your negativity. You have been saying for a week now that you got that device on an upgrade and were still in the 30 day window for return. So why wouldn't you just return it and get another device? Sounds to me someone is lying.

Just to add.. My Nexus S is flawless and I love my device. Wouldn't trade it for another phone.