[Kernel][Froyo][1.2.0 only] Fix For Market Installation Error

Search This thread

nukeruss

Feb 13, 2011
Palmyra, PA
I currently am manual nootered with an OC applied. If I flash this will I lose the OC? If I apply this to a non-overclocked setup, can I then flash an OC without losing this improvement? Since I'm running a dual boot, I will probably just start over with my setup unless I can find the patch for the second boot position. Thanks for the mod.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
Now that this has been blessed and rolled into MN, is the code available for other devs? Was wondering if dalingrin had it and maybe he could create an updated OC kernel.

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
AFAIK, I have had this fixed since early May. I believe I fixed this in my first 2.6.32 release.

Wow. So, potentially, if someone used MN 4.5.25, they could then drop your stock OC kernel over top of it and lose nothing.

Would be nice if someone (GMPOWER?) could confirm that for us. Maybe I should have posted on the MN thread instead. Not sure how many of the recent fixes are kernel based and how many are apk based.

Last edited:

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Wow. So, potentially, if someone used MN 4.5.25, they could then drop your OC kernel over top of it and lose nothing.

Would be nice if someone (GMPOWER?) could confirm that for us. Maybe I should have posted on the MN thread instead. Not sure how many of the recent fixes are kernel based and how many are apk based.

Right. I should have let the manual nooter people know about the fix a long time ago but I didn't realize that people using MN were having trouble with APP2SD support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *ALL THE USUAL DISCLAIMERS AND WARNINGS*

*This is for the nook color version 1.2.0 only, don’t try on any other version or device*

What it does:
    This kernel should fix the “installation error unknown reason-18” error that currently keeps apps from properly installing from the Android or Amazon markets, such as Angry Birds and Airport Mania.

This kernel will also allow you to install apps to your SD card and back to your NC from within app manager. The kernel is 100% stock, except for what it took to fix this problem, stock volts and clock.

Known Problems:
    None of yet. I just finished building the kernel, but have been able to install around 75 apps, 20 of them had experienced the “unknown reason-18” error before I installed the kernel. I was able to move apps back and forth from the SD card without any problems.
    Consider this to be in the beta stage.

How to Use:
    1. Download the attached file *MD5 4c188079b543f7e5823379461b35e753 *
    2. Place the file “Nook_Kernel_Fix-signed.zip” onto your SD card
    3. Install the zip with ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Report any problems that you have related to this

If you use this kernel in your own work, please just give me credit for the work that I did.