Or Continue to Thread: [KITCHEN] Android Kitchen, v0.…
Find Your Device:
6th June 2011, 02:14 PM   |  #4877  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,038

9,577 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans808

Hello,
I tried to install your kitchen on windows 7 64 bit. I followed the directions: I installed Java 6 JDK (for 64 bit) on my computer, then used your cygwin_packages.zip to install cygwin (followed all directions in the readme). Before that I had installed cygwin before Java, but then saw your note about how cygwin might not work properly if installed before java, so I went into c:\, deleted my cygwin folder, then installed Java, then cygwin (from the cygwin_packages.zip following the readme directions).

However after I do "cd kitchen" (which works fine), "./menu" gives me an error message saying Java is not installed. I tried reinstalling java but that didn't work. I tried searching but I couldn't find an answer. Thanks

First, install a Unix-compatible text file editor such as GVim for Windows. Do not use Notepad or Wordpad for the following step!

In the file .bash_profile (located in the folder that Cygwin starts up in, e.g. c:/cygwin/home/john), add to the **end** of the file:

Code:
PATH=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_18/bin:\${PATH}
Modify the line above so that it matches the actual path to your installed Java (don't remove the ${PATH}). Add a "\" character before any spaces in your path, as shown above.

Don't add the word "java.exe" to the line above. And replace drive letters with "/cygdrive/drive_letter" as shown in the example above.

Then restart cygwin..

-----

e.g.

Code:
C:\Program Files\(x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin\java.exe
Becomes

Code:
PATH=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/(x86)/Java/jdk1.6.0_26/bin:\${PATH}
Last edited by dsixda; 14th March 2012 at 01:17 AM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dsixda For This Useful Post: [ View ]