Or Continue to Thread: [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [3/9/2012]…
Find Your Device:
8th June 2011, 05:17 PM   |  #4829  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 42

292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomatoe

Rosie with 4x5 and accompanying widgets (less Clock for now). Huge thanks to ChogardJr for offering to share your odex files! You da man.

http://themikmik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=1181

Hey Mr Tomatoe,

Total bummer, but this jacked my phone. I don't know why, but it got stuck just after the initial power on screen (normally the white HTC screen, mine's a badass black though) and before the animated boot screen. It just sat there on a black screen for like 10 minutes. I pulled the battery and tried again, same deal.

Then came the 'oh sh!t' moment. I had nandroided only system and data because it was late and I had already tried the 5x4 Rosie on one of the previous MikG versions. I restored and got the same thing, black screen. It dawned on me that since it wasn't completing the boot, well that's where the problem was. I don't know how this jacked the boot process, I didn't think that would have been involved at all. Anyway, I nand restored just the boot from my last complete backup and it worked.

This sucks cause I really want to run this, and I have no idea why it would do what it did. I'll try again sometime when I have more time to mess with it if it goes sideways again.

Anyway, just wanted to report this to ya. Thanks for all your work.