First of all I must say thanks to all those people who's research helped me made my first Custom ROM Based on LG v20g and wanted to share it
Thank you all
ROM Name GB_@_2.3.3_v2
New Changes in v2
Now Overclock your Stock ROM with franco.Kernel |.v1-PRE.RELEASE2| 126.96.36.199
Now Supports EXT4 but I would suggest using EXT2
Custom boot animation allowed and added android eats apple
Patched Lib SQLite 3 for Better IO speed
HEAP size set to 40
CM7 DSP manager added
added new tones
app2sd variation included (look in the download section-the first boot will take some time....so dn't be in rush )
HOW to Flash the ROM GB_@_2.3.3_v2
Attention This can only be done in Windows PC
Download all of the file in the download section
- Some apps and widget are removed(Can be installed by Flashing the zip file in the download section-This apps will be installed in data/app so that you can uninstall them later.)
- OI File manager added
- BusyBox installed
- Added /etc/init.d scripts support
- No Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) To get that Try flashing Darktremor App2SD Make sure your EXT partition is EXT2,
EXT3-is not tested and EXT4 is not supported
to change the ext partition easily chk here
- Bash shell support
- /system/framework is deodexed
- /system/app is deodexed
- LG launcher
- LG STOCK Keyboard
- Zip Aligned apk
- flashable with ClockWorkMod and amonRA....
If you want Root and other posted features then Switch Off your phone and enter to the recovery and follow the below steps(hold down Home+vol dwn button and press and hold power button until you see the CWM recovery)
Flashing GB_@_2.3.3_v2 via CWM Recovery....Process
- Extract Romania V20G.zip to any folder
- First connect your Phone through USB(Make sure you have all the USB Driver Installed)
- Disable LG Virtual modem in the device manager reminded by Lawful123
- Then open LGMDP THUNDER v1.5 (To download it look at the Download section and put it in a folder)
- Click on Select Port
- check your Phone and click on connect (If it doesn't Show your Phone then Go to Setting > application > development > and check USB Debugging )
- Choose your Image Folder(Extracted Romania V20G folder) and all other file will be added automatically
- Then un-check Recovery Image If you have CWM recovery (the recovery img in Romania V20G is CWM 188.8.131.52 recovery )
- After That you will see a drop-down menu where the default value is None, Select Erase EFS APPS and click ok on the pop up.
- Now click on start.......Wait LGMDP will backup your nv2 file(nv2-file includes e.g. you IMEI or MAC-Address..so your phone will not work without this !!! )
- after that It will put your phone to emergency mode wait.....till LGMDP finds your phone and start the installing process.
- Now Take a cup of Coffee and enjoy till its done
- Then It will reboot your phone(if it doesn't reboot automatically then just press the power button) and restore the backed up NV2 file automatically(Do not I mean Do not Cancel this process or your phone will be bricked )
- It will reboot(if it doesn't reboot automatically then just press the power button) after the NV2 file restoration is completed.
- and your Done with LGMDP!!!!!
- Now let the phone start up and configure if you want.
- After this stage you can use the official v20G without any customization or root.
How to change ROM Easily
- Enter into recovery
- and wipe all(wipe data/factory reset)
- wipe cache
- select mount-storage and format system
- install zip from sd card
- and flash GB_@_2.3.3_v2.zip
- and enjoy!!!!!!
Answer is Mik's new-baseband-patch
In past if you wanted to install any Custom ROM after you flashed official 2.3.3, you had to use KDZ tool to go back to Official 2.2 to get the network working.
but now you can easily flash any custom ROM by recovery. and if you do not see network(as you won't) then flash new-baseband-patch and bingo now you have signal....
BTW If you face any GSM or DATA related Issue after flashing this patch then report this to mik not me........
(Multiupload link will be added later)
Removed apps for GB_@_2.3.3_v2.rar
Power Menu MOD with Circular Battery MOD
(thanks to PaoloM70 and doktornotor )
Help and Suggestion will be appreciated
Last edited by N_lover27; 3rd August 2011 at 08:04 PM.