Or Continue to Thread: [S-OFF] Got Root!
Find Your Device:
29th June 2011, 04:12 PM   |  #1166  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,969

3,177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisright

Yeah, give ne a little bit. Half hour tops. I will rev up the machine and upload it.

Edit: off topic and know you guys are tired of hearing the generic statements from HTC.

The did respond to the request send me a unlocked phone or send updated hboot. They said no of course but then said they planned to unlock for future devices and made it clear about that. I am not so sure they plan on this one so it may be up to us and certainly don't take their otas yet as it may still be closing security holes. I did respond as a developer and hopefully get a flear answer if they are or are not for this phone.

Sent from my 3VO..

From what I know and am able to talk about, the 3VO was already in contract a locked device before the CEOs announcement was made. I work for a backbone provider for alot of these carriers and manufacturers. From what I have heard 3VO isn't going to be unlocked by HTC. All phones that were not finalized before the announcement will be from here on out. Please don't ask me how I know or specifics, my job could be at stake.

Now that I have said that, I just repaired my EVO and have the new GB update with the new HBOOT 2.16 since all exploits are fixed looks like I will be working with you guys to find the exploit in 2.3.3. I have been following this thread so I won't be asking dumb questions, just saying im in.
The Following User Says Thank You to lithid-cm For This Useful Post: [ View ]