First I wanted to say thanks for providing us with usable versions of the MIUI camera. I've used both v10 and v17 on my Eris and now when flashing an update or a different ROM, I usually go ahead and replace the stock camera with v17 in the zip.

Anyways, I figured I could give back to the thread as I just got around to fixing a couple of annoyances with v17. One change is eliminating the FC when pressing the color effects menu by having it just stay at the main menu popup. I also fixed a slight layout misalignment where the menu popup for the camera mode had a slight gap between it and what I'll call the dock where the shutter button is located. Not sure if that was present on the Hero as well or just for us with an Eris. Lastly the background of the settings menus for picture size, video quality, etc is now dark instead of that ugly and hard to read light gray.

I plan on looking into whether some of the color effects can be made to function but not sure how that will go. And if anybody has something else they'd like to see fixed that is feasible, let me know and I'll try and work on it.

Edit: The latest fix now has color effects working. You can get it here.
Twitter: @MongooseHelix

Devices: Eris, Inc, Tbolt, Gnex
Source: GitHub
Change Review: Gerrit