Or Continue to Thread: Touch-IT,WWE v1.1 UPDATED 10.0…
Find Your Device:
21st September 2007, 09:33 AM   |  #231  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 0

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Panorama mode?!
While trying to find a fix for the loss of zoom in camera mode on the wing, which i did not yet find, but believe i am close, i found something interesting. when you navigate to: HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera you will see a bunch of Px (x=1,2,3,etc) folders. These are the different folders for use with the different camera modes.
P1 = Camera
P2 = Video
P3 = MMS Video
and so on. If you scroll through the camera types, you will find 7... yet there are 9 'P' folders. P6 and P9 are disabled by default. (in each folder, there is a setting for enable. 0=off 1=on) When you activate these 2 additional modes, interesting things happen.

P6 = Panorama Mode
This is a FRIGGIN AWSOME feature! it allows you to take panorama pictures and has a interesting way of helping you to line them up. (easier to see for yourself then having me explain here)

P9 = Unknown
When this is activated, the camera app seems to go into an infinite load state. The device will not freeze, but the application never seems to load. I am very curious as to what this mode is for.

(YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESET AFTER YOU CHANGE THESE SETTINGS, JUST START THE CAMERA APPLICATION AFTER CHANGING THE ENABLE FLAG)

Here is a small breakdown of the capture values in the 'P' folders:

CaptureFormat:
2=Photo
16=Video
32=Video(MMS)

CaptureType:
0=Camera
1=Video
2=Photo Frame (where you can insert pics into a defined photo frame)
3=Contacts
4=MMS Video
5=Panorama
6=Burst
7=Sport
8=Unknown

Now i bet you can mess around and mix/match different modes to do different things, but a simple enable of P6 will make you wonder why this mode never made it to final.
EDIT: I now see why this app did not make it to final. As you take pictures, it does not allocate memory correctly. To clear it memory you have to switch between modes and when 1 pic is taken, it sees to take up more than one space of memory in the app. It is definately an app to look into to see if we can get it working, b/c it works really well.... when it works. (It is also in the ROM for the Excalibur (aka Dash) but does nto seem to work well at all)
EDIT2: It seems the pic is saved as a BMP, not JPG... so this may explain why there are memory issues (since BMP is usually larger than JPG), but here is an example pic i took at work:

Now if we can only find out how to enable zoom...
Last edited by phatman81; 21st September 2007 at 10:01 AM.