Or Continue to Thread: [webcam support] USB Host supp…
Find Your Device:
10th July 2011, 03:45 AM   |  #417  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 19

119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allerretour38

I'd also like to thank the devs.

Dave, I have the same behavior as you. Google voice very rarely decodes correctly. Skype is close, but just a little too choppy to be usable.

Do you have any other usb devices? How do they work for you now that the headphones are working? The optical mouse used to work for me, but after subsequent changes to get the headphones functioning, the mouse doesn't work anymore. In fact, plugging in the mouse now causes the Nook to freeze. Does this happen to you?

I found my Logitech DAC A-5572A which originally came with one of their headsets. The Nook picks it up fine, and audio playback through it is almost perfect. I cannot for the life of me find a mic to attach to it, though, so I grabbed a 3.5mm patch cord and connected my Optimus M to the DAC's mic input.

I obviously can't test the Google search like this (unless, of course, I record my voice on the Optimus and play it back to the Nook... hmmm....) but using Sound Recorder to record a small sample clip of audio resulted in the same playback behavior.

I've tried a wireless mouse, a wired mouse, the headset, some USB thumbsticks, and an external USB drive. The Sandisk Cruzer thumbsticks draw too much current, the external drive is NTFS and I can't mount it even though Nook sees it, and of course the mic isn't quite right on the headset yet, but overall I've had great success with USB host and my home made adapter.

edit: just checked my USB headset's mic sampling rate, and as VG predicted, it only supports 48k or 44.1k sample rates. I'll assume the same of my Logitech DAC.
Last edited by TheAmazingDave; 10th July 2011 at 04:11 AM.