Originally Posted by chalid
no problems with gps here. first lock took roughly 6-7 minutes, but all following only 10 seconds or so. got no problems with accuracy as well.
May I know what is the setting has been use in your phone for the first lock timing? Is it wifi and 3G turned on? Can I have your setting if your first fix doesn't need 3G data network enable?
1. Without 3G data, my SGS2 NEVER fix to any Satelit.
2. With 3G data network enabled, my GPS fix time is 13 seconds.
3. After 3G helping for first GPS fix, if my location not too far during first GPS fix, My SGS2 can fix to the Satelit.
I tried my setting below but the phone cannot fix/lock to satelit even there is 5~8 Satelits in the list. It keep refreshing
Below are my phone setting during the test:
1. Under "Wireless and network"
-> "Mobile networks" -> "Use packet data" -> UNCHECKED
-> "Mobile networks" -> "Network mode" -> "GSM only"
-> "Wi-Fi settings" -> "Wi-Fi" -> UNCHECKED
2. Under "Accounts and sync"
-> "Background data" -> UNCHECKED
3. "Location and security"
-> "Use wireless networks" -> CHECKED
-> "Use GPS satelites" -> CHECKED
-> "Use sensor aiding" -> CHECKED
Below are my "GPS status version 3.7" setting during the test:
1. Under "GPS & Sensors"
-> "GPS required" -> CHECKED
-> "Sensor filtering" -> NO FILTERING