ALL CREDITS OF WORKING RECOVERY GO TO FREEXPERIA TEAM!
THANK YOU FREEXPERIA TEAM!!!
THANK YOU jerpelea (U KNOW WHY )!!!
THANK YOU Bin4ry (for the original RootXperia.zip file)
i am new to kernel development but i think this kernel would be useful for a lot of ppl using stock SE 2.3.3 FW...
i would like to thank Blagus
for their help!
this is inspired from CF-Root for SGS2... thank u Chainfire for ur work!
i was requested by many ppl in this thread: [KERNEL][OC] Arc Stock O/C Kernel 1.86GHz For 3.0.1.A.0.145_146_148
to make a Overclocked (OC) kernel for Play.. so here it is with a few more goodies (insecure + prerooted + OC)...
thank you if2 for posting ur sources (for acpu file) and allowing me to work on it for Xperia Play! guys if u like this please dont forget to thank him!
thank you axiomjunglist & Quantuml3ap for testing this!
special thanks to axiomjunglist for helping out with beta-testing
[ disclaimer ]
I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP
[ wht is overclock? ]
"Overclocking is the process of running a computer component at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second) than it was designed for or was specified by the manufacturer, usually practiced by enthusiasts seeking an increase in the performance of their computers.
" - Source: Wikipedia
so it is pushing the boundaries posted by the manufacturers of the device to gain more performance!
BUT performance comes at a price! OVERCLOCKING can be and IS harmful to the device... prolonged use can cause hardware faults including the cpu chip getting fried!
ok time for some gyan!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
[ wht is prerooted kernel? ]
- see each cpu/chip is different
- each is unique and has different tolerances
- so dont directly jump to max frequency
- slowly keep increasing the frequency
- check its stability for 5-10 hrs
- check for random reboots
- check which one is best suitable for ur device
- if u start getting reboots/OS freezes/device starts becoming too hot then throttle back and use lower frequencies
- remember just because someone elses device was able to work at that frequency doesnt mean that ur phone can support/handle that frequency
well this kernel removes the security checks (atleast from ramdisk); su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel! no need to flash any additional zips or use one-click rooting apps! this kernel has it all in-build
[ features ]
[ requirements ]
[ screenshot ]
[ what have i done exactly? ]
- kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
- su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel (thanks to Bin4ry for posting the file RootXperia.zip; i have used the superuser files from his zip)
- busybox already installed in /sbin/
- adb server is persistent
- usb debugging enabled
- rootfs and /system mounted as rw (thank you Blagus for the tip )
- CWM recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia team)
- ability to take backup/restore of ur ROM
- flash any update.zips
- lots more }
- set bootup frequencies from 245 Mhz to 1 Ghz
so that ur device boots safely and u can use the kernel as is w/o overclocking
for using the additional frequencies u will need a program like SetCPU
- frequencies unlocked in kernel from 128 Mhz to 1.86 Ghz
voltages for standard frequencies are stock, for nonstandard frequencies (1Ghz+) voltage has been increased
- the frequencies are NOT UNDERVOLTED
[ so why should u bother? ]
- compiled the kernel from stock SE sources with acpu file provided by if2
- modified the stock ramdisk for this to function as per requirement
- added Recovery files to ramdisk from ramdisk of boot.img from anzu_beta_FXP014 release
- added su binary & Superuser.apk right inside kernel-ramdisk
[ how to install ]
- well now u wont need to download huge prerooted system.img files (150-250 MB files), u can just use download this small kernel (~6MB) which is prerooted with working recovery
- overclocking will help the device perform faster in games/benchmarks (IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT U DO NOT OVERCLOCK UR DEVICE FOR A LONG TIME, throttle it back to stock frequencies once u finish ur "high performance requiring task" :P)
- download the boot.img
- save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
- power down device
- start device in fastboot mode
- use the following command to flash the boot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- reboot phone and enjoy the kernel
- FOR OVERCLOCKING
- start SetCPU app on ur Play (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
- now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
- DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
- SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours
if it get flashed properly and the device boots up check the Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Kernel Version
it should say something like the screenshot posted above... (thank you axiomjunglist
for the screenshot)
[ downloads ]
boot.img: (v03) (flash this file via fastboot to install this kernel)
Play Prerooted + Recovery + OC Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145
[ for modders/themers/others ]
hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip
which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...
this file is NOT required for normal/general users
FOLLOWING OLDER VERSIONS NO LONGER NEEDED/SUPPORTED:
boot.img: (v02) (flash this file via fastboot to install this kernel)
Play Insecure + Prerooted + Recovery + OC Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145
Superuser: (v03) (flash this file via recovery to get superuser binary & app)
Play OC + Insecure Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145