Quote:
Originally Posted by macquest View Post
Note that there is either an error with your implementation of kml files or there is an error in Google Earth with their saving of kml files. GCC does not like kml files saved from Google Earth.
Can you help me please? The kml files are only a few bytes ASCII. What is the difference between the direct exported kml and the kmz unzipped? There should be none.
Quote:
Also, both the map file and the kml file must be read/write. Why do you need to write to the image map file and to the kml data file?
I do not need to write. But noone ever had a problem with this. I will check if I can open the files only for reading.
Quote:
Does Mobile Atlas Creator provide the photography data? I would like to use photography data like you see from Google Earth. Will MAC get tiles from GE?
Yes (Google Maps).
Quote:
I'm getting "Error -3, Com port hang ups". It looks like this happens when the GPS is running and I select the menu. Then, even after closing and exiting the application, the COM port is locked up. I think this is an error in your application? If that happens while using it, then no GPS! Please help with a solution for this.
Pocket PC with MSCF v3.5
Have not tested yet with live GPS data. Thanks, have loaded some maps and did get the GPS to view on the map.
Never heared about such probs. I need more details (all settings in GPS, which com port, MobileDevice, Operating system, do you use a port splitter..). How can you have probs with com port when you never had tested it with live GPS?????
Quote:
* Please allow color change of the Triangular icon for the GPS signal. Some colors do not show well with photography data, and are hard to see at a glance. Purple, red, orange, etc like you allow color changes for the dots and tracks.
Colors can be changed in options - map screen - "Track" and "Track2f". This also affects the corresponding triangular arrow.
Quote:
* Please allow selecting option of NO LOG at all even with 1 sec GPS updates.
Have not used the waypoints yet, so please excuse my question on this. I would like to be able to set waypoints with just a quick button press. And, to be able to use for hiking to get back to camp. Do not need directions to return to waypoint, but selecting a bright color for the waypoint icon would be helpful.
Just don't start a log. Only switch on the GPS (with the right button in main screen). But without a log you can't add a waypoint. Just start a short log, add the waypoint, stop, and load this track as "Track2Follow". Then the waypoint should be displayed and even the Navigation arrow directs you to this short track.
Klaus