Thanks Meter 65
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Huntersville, NC
Originally Posted by Asus_USA
The original design of ASUS Eee Pad Transformer keyboard dock was intended to provide the most user-friendly usage experience, where the keyboard would quickly wake the tablet on a single key press. However, this requires the keyboard to remain in an ever-ready standby state. While this feature was initially well received, we have since monitored feedback requesting an even longer battery life, considering the substantial battery capacity when the Eee Pad is docked.
Subsequently our engineering team has fulfilled this request by providing an additional, optional battery saving mode. This turns off the ever-ready standby state, enabling the keyboard dock battery life to last longer. However, the trade-off is that the keyboard dock now requires a press of the power button on the Transformer Pad to wake it instead. Eee Pad users now have the freedom to choose between longer battery standby (battery saving mode) or ever-ready keyboard wake-up at any time, from the settings menu. We have already implemented this free update for the Eee Pad, and it is ready to use today.
At this point of time, most of the keyboard docks that have been sold and everything in stores today supports this new battery saving option, except those of very early shipments. While the addition of this mode may not be critical to most users, we realized some owners of the earlier units may still desire this additional feature. Despite our best efforts, unfortunately this function is not upgradable on a limited number of keyboard docks and it requires an ASUS engineer to update the device. For those customers that require this optional function, ASUS will arrange an update. Please contact local ASUS service center to make the arrangement.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to verify if your unit can support the new optional battery saving mode:
(1) Make sure your software is updated to 188.8.131.52 or later; and your mobile dock is updated to 0209.
*([Setting]>[About Tablet]>[Build Number] & [Mobile Dock version])
(2) Dock the Pad into the keyboard dock.
(3) Go to [Settings] > [Screen] and select [MobileDock Battery saving mode]
(4) Press power button on the Transformer Pad to make the unit go to sleep.
(5) With the option checked, if your unit does NOT wake up with the tap of a keyboard, the new battery saving mode is enabled and working.
(6) With [MobileDock Battery saving mode] checked,if your unit still wakes up by a key press, you have the earlier design.
(7) If #6 is true and you also require the new feature, then please contact your local ASUS service center.
Thank you very much for the detailed explaination and commitment to resolving this issue. Great to see you guys are here and monitoring our forum...
Now, about the LIGHT BLEEDING...???