UrukDroid (Android) - developers ONLY thread

Search This thread

sibere

Retired Recognized Developer
May 14, 2006
Paris
A70S With OC Kernel : Quadrant

Hi !

Just build my 1st version of OC kernel based on $auron's 1.1 kernel.

Running on my 1.0 urukdroid system, I got this very good Quadrant score of 2888 :D

It's not stable ATM.(wifi kernel module issue on my device, causing freeze. I must backup my device and install the new build modules on my archos).

Attachments

• QuadrantOC.jpg
    QuadrantOC.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Reactions: Lenn

rplc790222

Dec 10, 2010
San Francisco del Rincón, Gto
Great

Hi !

Just build my 1st version of OC kernel based on $auron's 1.1 kernel.

Running on my 1.0 urukdroid system, I got this very good Quadrant score of 2888 :D

It's not stable ATM.(wifi kernel module issue on my device, causing freeze. I must backup my device and install the new build modules on my archos).

Wow, that's impressive I will be looking forward at your kernel ... :D hope to be stable pretty soon, since I had several probles with RC1.1

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
Hello,
your quadrant score is great!
May you tell us what are your config and options?

Uruk on SD card or not?
kernel ?
cpu overclocking?

thanks in advance

For this score, I've used an O/C to 1200MHz, uruk 1.0 on internal 8GB flash, cpu set to performance, EXT4 with stripe set to 64, delalloc enabled and my patched sqlite lib (delayed writing).

But like I said, I'm back to my V10 kernel 'coz the O/C kernel was not stable.

andre.mud

Apr 7, 2008
Lelystad
Hi,

I'm using Uruk 1.0 for a while now and i'm not having any trouble with it, other than that USB isn't working anymore. Before I could plug in my flash usb stick and see the files on it. Now it isn't working anymore. When I plug in my phone I can see that it charging so it's drawing power through the usb port.

Any idea how i can check if there's something broken?

With regards,

Andre Mud
Lelystad, Netherlands

Lenn

Jan 14, 2011
Lippstadt
Hi,

I'm using Uruk 1.0 for a while now and i'm not having any trouble with it, other than that USB isn't working anymore. Before I could plug in my flash usb stick and see the files on it. Now it isn't working anymore. When I plug in my phone I can see that it charging so it's drawing power through the usb port.

With regards,

Andre Mud
Lelystad, Netherlands

Does the Usb port work on the Normal Archos Android now?;):)

captin

Jan 31, 2004
Liverpool
Hi,

With regards,

Andre Mud
Lelystad, Netherlands

Same thing has happened to mine. It was working fine with a USB keyboard and flash drive when I get the Archos 101. I then installed the Developers edition and the flash drive & keyboard still worked in Android.

After installing urukdroid 1 nether the flash drive or keyboard work. When I plug the flash drive in it light up briefly, as do the light on the keyboard, but then nothing.

Would this have something to do with the zinit & initramfs.cpio.gz, and how do I get back the stock archos 101 version back.

I have tried formatting and putting the stock android back on but the USb still doesnt work, also I have tried putting the Develpoer edition back on and still nothing.

Why would flashing the various versions affect the USB port, can installing urukdroid kill a USB port.

Same thing has happened to mine. It was working fine with a USB keyboard and flash drive when I get the Archos 101. I then installed the Developers edition and the flash drive & keyboard still worked in Android.

After installing urukdroid 1 nether the flash drive or keyboard work. When I plug the flash drive in it light up briefly, as do the light on the keyboard, but then nothing.

Would this have something to do with the zinit & initramfs.cpio.gz, and how do I get back the stock archos 101 version back.

I have tried formatting and putting the stock android back on but the USb still doesnt work, also I have tried putting the Develpoer edition back on and still nothing.

Why would flashing the various versions affect the USB port, can installing urukdroid kill a USB port.

I have no problems with a USB keyboard with Archos Internet 101 on Uruk Droid v1.0.

LeoNg628

Dec 2, 2009
I'm curious what problem is $aur0n facing in UD1.1....since last time he released RC1 is very very long time ago...

[FF]May be he working on install in NAND memory for A70H..LOL[/FF]

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
I'm waiting untill there will be latest archos kernel. Like for now 1.1 with 2.3.26 suff is too unstable to be released... if it won't change - I'll probably go back to 1.0, add my changes and stay with archos 2.3.20 binaries - last stable (but there will be some problem with kernel...) - we need to wait probably few more days to new kernel source release.

captin

Jan 31, 2004
Liverpool
After spending the afternoon reading various sites and forums it appears that the Archos 101 has major problems with USB ports failing. Tons of peeps have had theirs fail between 1 month and 10 months old. It seems it can go at any time and without any reason, it still gives power but is unusable.

Lots of peeps have had replacements only to have those die too. Some peeps I read about have had 3, 4 or even 5 replacement units. I am not going to be one of those.

Most of the problems seem to be the v6 board version, although some v5 boards also have had the problem.

Archos engineers are aware of the problem, but seem powerless to do anything about it, so they just swap out the units.

I have sent an email to them and will be hopeing for an RMA to sen this unit back, and hopefully the new one will be ok.

But I'm glad to say thet nothing I did flashing the unit with the various versions or original or uruk droid did anything to the USB port.

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
My V10 kernel OC to 1200Mhz

Hi !

For those of you who installed my V10 kernel for uruk 1.0, here is a V12.

The diff is an overclock to 1200MHz on top of the standard frequencies.

Got about 2900 with quadrant :)

Attachments

• Sibere-KernelOCV12.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 79

sibere

May 14, 2006
Paris
Hoo well, you are so enthusiastic that I've build a slightly undervolted version :D

300Mhz from 1.0v to 0.9375
600Mhz from 1.1625 to 1.1375
800Mhz from 1.3 to 1.2625
1000Mhz from 1.35 to 1.3
1200Mhz at 1.35

Stable on my A70S for the moment.

I'll try something more aggressive later but this should save a bit of battery life :)

Flash as usual with SDE menu

Attachments

• Sibere-KernelOCUV_V13.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 418
Last edited:

Lenn

Jan 14, 2011
Lippstadt
Hoo well, you are so enthusiastic that I've build a slightly undervolted version :D

1000Mhz from 1.35 to 1.3
1200Mhz at 1.35

I'll try something more aggressive later but this should save a bit of battery life :)

Thanks again for this good kernel!:)
I'll try today:)

rplc790222

Dec 10, 2010
San Francisco del Rincón, Gto

1000Mhz from 1.35 to 1.3
1200Mhz at 1.35

Wow that's more incredible that I was thinking, by the way yesterday I was bout to try it until i found that there was a initrammfs and a zImage ... (I thougth that it was like $aurons kernel updates ... my bad ... sorry), and the big question is ... if I install this kernel do I need to reinstall everithing all over again?
or only I need to install under SDE menu?

Edit ... nevermind I have tried it now and works great thanks sibere

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is 1.6RC1

This package will also update kernel/initramfs and reboot. It will update apps in /system/app (so if you removed some of them - you may need to do it again). It may show startup configuration wizard - but only to confirm existing configuration.

http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.6/UrukDroid-1.6RC1-update.tbz2

After update - device will reboot itself.

ps. So far UrukDroid 1.5 installation package was downloaded 32593 times :)
    picture.php

This thread is created for developers and developing of UrukDroid ONLY.
    UrukDroid is alternative Android distribution, based on original Archos OS for Archos GEN8 tablets.

Please do not write here questions about installing UrukDroid on tablet - you can do it in default post - here.

All post violating above rule will be deleted.

This thread is created for:
    • manage people and dividing work
    • plan new releases
    • plan new features
    • help between developers
    • gain knowledge, materials
    • feature proposals by users

Things we are currently working on:
    • Sauron: memory I/O tuning
    • cheefy: backup script
    • Sauron: upgrade/install scripts
    • chulri: dvb support

What informations are we looking for:
    • How to prevent Android from going sleep on system level?
    • Format of bootlogo and initlogo.rle on Gen8 (we are aware of rgb2565 converter etc., but with no luck on Archos yet - I've tried different bit settings 4/8/16/24 and resolutions 200x480, 800x480 - Sauron)

Repository for binary and source releases is currently available here.
    UrukDroid 1.5B2

Hi,

Uruk 1.5 beta 2
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2
    130MB f5fc62f433324f3baf51e000f4b187e2 UrukDroid-1.5B2-upgrade.tbz2

Upgrade (so will erase probably some settings - just like before)
    - recompiled all modules (missing in beta1) for 3g/ethernet tethering and dvb drivers (but I will abandon all non standard dvb cards - too much work )
    - added (again) adhoc wifi support
    - moved libc to 2.13 (and all binaries)
    - configuration and services fixes, changes etc - fixed cifs modules loading

I've added message during upgrade process if it fails (so perhaps we will know why it failed to erase file on your devices - read messages during process)
    Early Uruk 1.5beta1

Here is early 1.5 (beta1) - please don't use it if you are not confident in your skills (reverting back to 1.1/1.0 is possible - but annoying).
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.5/UrukDroid-1.5B1-upgrade.tbz2

It will work as an upgrade of Uruk 1.0, but it's recommended to do it on 1.1 (because you can do full backup in RescueMenu).
    Please copy upgrade file to /data/UrukUpdate and read messages (Uruk 1.1) - device should reboot itself.

It should upgrade like every Uruk but it's NOT tested (upgrade process) so I advice to do rootfs backup (Uruk 1.1 ResceuMenu). Kernel from 1.5 WON'T work with any previous release - so after upgrade it won't be able to boot 1.1.
    This release has probably not working dvb/3g support - but it may work (simply not tested) - it's quite important for me to report what else is missing.

If you want revert back to 1.1 you should flash (from Archos BootMenu) 1.1 kernel/initramfs (http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/) and do rootfs restore from Uruk RescuMenu.

That's probably it :) Good Luck

btw. If you had Uruk market installed, after upgrade it will be gone (there will be icons left) - I recommend to use Arctool to install market (it has newer one and with it's certificates there is no wifi location problem).
    UrukDroid 1.1RC2

1.1RC2 with 2.3.81 changes, some kernel module changes (will see if it still do "soft reboot")
    If anyone knows sure method to trigger "soft reboot" - please let me know...
    First update kernel (/data/UrukUpdate)
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-kernel.tbz2
    Then update file
    http://sauron.pourix.com/UrukDroid/UrukDroid-1.1/UrukDroid-1.1RC2-update-rc.tbz2

With some new changes in rescue menu I've added software way to disable SDCard Uruk boot: You can dissable boot from SDCard by naming any of it's partition "noboot" ('root@urukdroid:/root# e2label /dev/block/mmcblk2p1 noboot')
    It's usefull if you have Uruk on both sdcard and internal, and you don't want to remove card every time you want to boot internal (I use sdcard as live backup only now)