How to use ADB shell. Please back up your sd card before trying this
For all those not sure on how to install ADB shell and then the gingerbread ready xrecovery 0.3, Here is a simple tutorial on how to do it.
First download the xrecovery gingerbread ready zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859571
1. Download http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=25
and put all the files into a folder in C drive, preferentially name the folder adb
and extract the zip file into it.
(thanks doomlord for the link)
2. Connect phone to usb and computer and enable unknown sources and enable usb debugging.
3. Reboot into your current xrecovery
4. Go to start on the bottem left of your windows, then Run...
5. Type cmd and then press okay( run cmd )
6. Type cd \adb and press enter
7. Type adb.exe and press enter
8. Type adb shell and press enter
9. Type rm -r /sdcard and press enter
10. Type mkdir sdcard and press enter
11. Type chmod 777 sdcard and press enter
12. Now go to your phone and install custom zip x recovery gingerbread ready
13. Reboot and go back into your new xrecovery (:
This is for all those that have problems mounting recovery images all credits go to zdzihu and doomlord just providing a simpler way to install it
(btw this is a compilation of instructions from zdzihu's post and doomlord's post
and i take absoulutely no credit for it)