Quote:
Originally Posted by plants View Post
What I find is completely amazing is the attitude of those who from complete noobs have become proficient in the dark art of ROM compliation - understanably through trial and error and with the help of others - who are now unwilling to share in the knowledge that continues to fascinate and bring pleasure to those who have only a minimal understanding of the rules that govern the production of a stable and efficient ROM.

Having trawled through the forums at length myself, and having recently followed the logical steps towards enlightenment by the stalwart advanced15 in this particular thread, it is only selfishness and a misplaced sense of self-worth that prevents those who have some understanding, from releasing accurate details of the rules and limitations toward being able to create ROMs for themselves and for everyone else. Are we not here because we believe that we don't need new devices every few months? We just need to be given the skills to make more and be happy with what we have...

I personally hate proverbs, especially: "teach a man to fish and he will feed himself and his family for a lifetime". Cooking ROMS is just as intricate and complex as fishing, but what the 'elite' fail to grasp that there are so many others out there, who are just like you; they have the potential, intelligence and willingness to put your teaching into practice and maybe even show you new paths that have never been thought of before

All I'm asking for is if you choose to take part in forums, that you respond genuinely to ALL the questions asked of you. I completely understand that you haven't got limitless time to field all kinds of repetitious queries, but if you're able to notice that someone shows real interest and enthusiam for your understanding, that you must feel duty-bound to provide them with the answers, which have no-doubt been given to you by equally generous people.

So, based on what has been said thus far, can anyone be so kind as to inform us about the hard rules of ROM cooking for the Himalaya, so that those pupils who want to learn can show their teachers how clever and thankful they can be?
Reading all this I realized that you want to cook, right?
"If you work fast, you don't work effective."
~aeroflyluby
Vaillant Development Group[/I][/B] Developer
Nokia 3210 (Cooked roms for this!!) -> SE 310i -> Benq E72 -> HTC Himalaya -> HTC Alpine -> HTC Universal -> Toshiba TG01