[Wallpaper] [Icons] Windows 8 tablet "Metro UI"

Search This thread

hoodoomagic

Jun 25, 2010
After watching the video demoing the Windows 8 tablet I decided to try and recreate as much of the UI as possible.

If this sounds like something you want, you'll need the following apps:

-ADW EX Launcher
-Desktop Visualizer
-Multipicture Live Wallpaper

Optional:

-Palmary Weather Pro

Setup:

-Place the adw_ex_settings.xml file into your /sdcard directory and restore settings in ADW. Or set columns to 9 and rows to 5, make sure you have widgets set to stretch in advanced and turn off wallpaper scrolling.

-Set the wallpaper in Multipicture Live Wallpaper. Or you can try Wallpaper Wizardii if you want, but even though we're only going to be using the one wallpaper I found Multipicture was easier to use.

-Place a shortcut to open/close the app drawer under "Start", use the transparent.png for an icon and delete the text. Then arrange the 2x1 and 1x1 desktop visualizer widgets as you see fit.

*Optional* Modding Palmary Weather Pro:

-Download Apk Manager from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701

-Pull the Palmary apk and place it into the modding folder, then run the Apk Manager script and select 1 to unzip the apk.

-Unzip the weather backgrounds and icons (optional) I provided into their respective directories, overwriting the existing files.

-Press 3 to zip it back up and then press 4 to re-sign the apk.

-Install the app and change the background color by choosing different transparencies in Palmary settings.

Please note that if you edit the background png's I provided they will not work afterwards. If you want to add more colors or change the ones I included, you'll have to refer to this guide here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/404-mo...ng-images.html

I hope you like the look, and if you make some new icons or wallpapers please upload them to the thread. If enough new ones get made I'll add them to this post.

Files:

Wtab8_icons - icons, wallpaper, adw settings
Wtab8_psd_fonts - 2x1, 1x1 psd files, Segoe fonts
Wtab8_weather_mod - backgrounds and icons for use with Palmary Weather.

The Palmary icons are still kind of a work in progress, if you live in an area that gets severe weather things can look a bit busy.

Attachments

• Wtab8_icons.rar
    533 KB · Views: 1,832
  • Wtab8_psd_fonts.rar
    344 KB · Views: 772
  • Wtab8_weather_mod.rar
    117.9 KB · Views: 700
  • SC20110810-074044.jpg
    SC20110810-074044.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3,336
Last edited:
Reactions: dbaler and Tonixia

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
After watching the video demoing the Windows 8 tablet I decided to try and recreate as much of the UI as possible.

-ADW EX Launcher
-Desktop Visualizer

Optional:

-Palmary Weather Pro

Place the adw_ex_settings.xml file into your /sdcard directory and restore settings in ADW. Or set columns to 9 and rows to 5, make sure you have widgets set to stretch in advanced and turn off wallpaper scrolling.

Set the wallpaper in Multipicture Live Wallpaper. Or you can try Wallpaper Wizardii if you want, but even though we're only going to be using the one wallpaper I found Multipicture was easier to use.

Place a shortcut to open/close the app drawer under "Start", use the transparent.png for an icon and delete the text. Then arrange the 2x1 and 1x1 desktop visualizer widgets as you see fit.

You can stop here if you want, but if you want to make the Palmary Weather widget look more like a Windows 8 live tile you'll need to take some additional steps...

First you'll need to download Apk Manager from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701

Once you've pulled the Palmary apk, place it into the modding folder and press 1 to unzip the contents into the projects folder, then simply extract the weather backgrounds and icons (optional) into their respective directories. Then press 3 to zip it back up and then press 4 to sign it. Once that's done you can install the app again. Then you can change the background color via the transparency option.

If you want to add more colors or change the ones I included, you'll have to refer to this guide here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/404-mo...ng-images.html

If you change the background png's I included they will not work afterwards.

I hope you like the look, and if you make some new icons or wallpapers please upload them to the thread. If enough new ones get made I'll add them to this post.

Files:

Wtab8_icons.rar - icons, wallpaper, adw settings

The Palmary icons are still kind of a work in progress, if you live in an area that gets severe weather things can look a bit busy. I'll keep tinkering with it, but I make no promises.

Not my cup of tea personally but very creative and informative. Nice job!

hoodoomagic

Jun 25, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-ADW EX Launcher
    -Desktop Visualizer

Optional:

-Palmary Weather Pro

Setup:

-Place the adw_ex_settings.xml file into your /sdcard directory and restore settings in ADW. Or set columns to 9 and rows to 5, make sure you have widgets set to stretch in advanced and turn off wallpaper scrolling.

-Set the wallpaper in Multipicture Live Wallpaper. Or you can try Wallpaper Wizardii if you want, but even though we're only going to be using the one wallpaper I found Multipicture was easier to use.

-Place a shortcut to open/close the app drawer under "Start", use the transparent.png for an icon and delete the text. Then arrange the 2x1 and 1x1 desktop visualizer widgets as you see fit.

*Optional* Modding Palmary Weather Pro:

-Download Apk Manager from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701

-Pull the Palmary apk and place it into the modding folder, then run the Apk Manager script and select 1 to unzip the apk.

-Unzip the weather backgrounds and icons (optional) I provided into their respective directories, overwriting the existing files.

-Press 3 to zip it back up and then press 4 to re-sign the apk.

-Install the app and change the background color by choosing different transparencies in Palmary settings.

Please note that if you edit the background png's I provided they will not work afterwards. If you want to add more colors or change the ones I included, you'll have to refer to this guide here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/404-mo...ng-images.html

Files:

Wtab8_icons - icons, wallpaper, adw settings

The Palmary icons are still kind of a work in progress, if you live in an area that gets severe weather things can look a bit busy.