I am not supporting this thread anymore, as mango updates is widely available now
Here is the RTM 7720 Mango for your wp7, download link at bottom of this post
Please read post #2 to see how I keep chevron unlock and add my native language to RTM 7720
1. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE ON HOW TO KEEP CHEVRON UNLOCK, THAT IS NOW COVERED (ON A HD7) IN POST #2 IN THIS THREAD. THIS GUIDE IN POST#1 IS JUST A TRANSLATED/EDITED INSTRUCTION FROM THE GERMAN ONE IN THE RAR FILE.
2. THIS UPDATE IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE DEVICE SPESIFIC, SO BUGS BECAUSE OF OUTDATED DRIVERS ETC CAN BE PRESENT. AND YOU MIGHT NOT GET DEVICE SPESIFIC SOFTWARE TO RUN PROPERLY ETC ETC.
3. ITS FINAL MANGO FROM MICROSOFT, BUT CARRIERS/OEM'S NEED TO ADD THEIR "MAGIC" FOR IT TO BE AT IT'S PRIME
4. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BASIC OF HOW TO FLASH, THEN YOU NEED TO RETHINK WHAT YOUR DOING, AND READ UP IN THE DEV SECTION OF WP7 :)
I'm quite sure that DFT will soon release a unlocked and ready to flash for all, so there is also the possibility to wait for their release :-p
I just reuploaded and repost here, the file comes from longshot442. Original thread here
I take no responsibility for whatever happens to your device.
You can't update to 7720 when coming from DFT 7713 or 7714
After flashing to my HTC HD7:
My edit of the instruction file:
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails
-Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
-PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
-external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
-1.5 - 2 hours available to flash from start, perhaps more if something go wrong, or if you accidentally make a mistake
less if flashing from 7712
-Instructions might not work for you, perhaps you need to alter something? I'm sure you can figure something out
....and if you do, please post the sollution so others can benefit of you findings.
Make backup of your 3'd party apps, visit this thread
all questions regarding that app, ask them there
1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I can recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space)
2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file)
3. If necessary (usualy is), run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version
for your system, 32 or 64-bit
4. Connect Device via USB to the PC
5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting
5a. ----If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 16
5b. You can also follow Ansars instructions on keeping Chevron unlock here
6. Open the "NoDoToRC" folder and run the file "ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe" with admin rights (right click on the file..)
7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.
8. The phone will reboot and are starting communication with a "special" update server. If necessary, enter PIN code if activated on your device
9. Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.
10. In the directory "C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,"there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!
Repeat to yourself many times: "Yes, I have copied my backup to a secure location"
11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.
12. Build 7403 will now be found found and installed.
13. After 7403 has finished updating, the update is moving seamless to 7712 - the public developer beta.
14. If everything is done properly: Congratulations, the phone is in now running build 7712
15. Close/exit Zune.
Now please pay attention:
16. Copy the "RCToRTM" folder to "c:\" and only there.
17. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the "ISVTo7720.bat" and run as admin /still right click on file...)
18. Several updates will be installed, and the phone might reboot a few times. If applicable, please enter the PIN code.
19. If everything went smoothly: Congratulations, the phone is now on RTM 7720
20. Show of your RTM to your friends..or w/e :)
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE, IF YOU FAIL SOMEHOW..READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN
LG Quantum users please read this article before you download.
Main download link is removed, send your thx to James Young, Internet investigator... Kinda slow that guy...this is posted and linked all over...kinda late perhaps??? lmao
Mirror thx to nanoware - DOWNLOAD
Mirror thx to jkommeren - TORRENT/PB