Or Continue to Thread: [DEV] Skype Video for Froyo (a…
Find Your Device:
13th August 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #452  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 261

253 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys, here's my build version 1 (just for release naming for easier reference)

New in this build:
  • Confirmed working on FFCs of 5 (now ) LG Optimus 3D users ( Not just detected as I previously mentioned )
  • Added support for devices that needs preview surface (like LG O3D). Make sure you check the "Use Preview Surface" option on the Tweaks screen and use it only if you have the blank screen issue. Confirmed workiing on Motorola Defy too. Archos users, try this one too.
  • Easier LogCat data sending. No need for ADB or 3rd party app ("Email LogCat to DroidRx" on the Tweaks screen)
  • Bug fixes on my FFC code to fix problems that could freeze the video or even the device.
  • Added Auto-rorate (based on the device orientation) - not finished yet but is working on my Nexus S' FFC now (FFC only) so others may find use of it too while I'm working on it.

Update 2011-08-15: Moved some part of image processing code to JNI for faster execution. Those who are using the image rotation option or the auto rotate feature, try to update to this one.

Users who need to use the ENC***** settings (e.g. Archos): I was able to reproduce the problem but I haven't found where to fix it yet. I'll try to look more into it and will give you an update as soon as I have one.

Update 2011-08-17: Added FFC support for LG Optimus Black (P970) - Like LGO3D, "Use Preview Surface" should be checked. Non-owners of LGOB who downloaded com.skype.raider2-1.1.zip DON'T NEED to update to com.skype.raider2-1.2.zip as the change is only to support LGOB

Features:
  • Software encoded 320x240 resolution. - values with “ENC320x240” in the resolution selection are converted to NV21 320x240 before Skype gets the data. It is basically the same as “Forced 320x240” without requiring hardware support.
  • “Single Resolution” checkbox. - when checked, Skype sees only one resolution. I’m not sure if this can make a difference on blank screen issue but I just added it. This is enabled only when a fixed resolution is selected.
  • Image rotation – for users with wrong camera orientation.
  • Image Scaling – how the camera image is scaled when ENC320x240 is used or when rotation is 90/270 degrees.
  • Image Flip – for users with flipped image.
  • For ease of editing the Tweaks dialog, I adapted the PreferenceActivity from theos0o. All the “Tweaks” settings from the old version will be discarded.
  • Broken down the audio fix like how theos0o did (“Force speaker off after call” and “Use MODE_IN_CALL”).
  • Added the “Keep Alive” too for voice calls.
  • Added support for Camera.open(“secondary”) used by some FROYO devices in opening FFC. If your FFC is not detected, you can go to “Tweaks” and tap on the “No FFC detected” to email me your FFC detection log. In addition, please send me also a copy of any app that can access the front camera (e.g. camera app supporting back and front) so I can check how the app uses the FFC.
  • Bluetooth support - press the speaker button and a device selection dialog will popup if there is a bluetooth paired. The button image reflects what device is currently in use. The video call screen is updated to have the speaker button.
  • Flip incoming video
  • Removed autodetect of NEON and let the user enable video call feature through Skype's Settings

If this one doesn't work for you or if you feel the older version is better for your need, you can go HERE
Attached Files
File Type: zip com.skype.raider2-1.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.97 MB, 35359 views)
Last edited by droidrx; 18th August 2011 at 12:04 AM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to droidrx For This Useful Post: [ View ]