[PIC GUIDE] Running Most MAGLDR ROMs On cLK / Switching To cLK from MAGLDR With ROM

Search This thread

TommyHD2

Jun 17, 2010
Im not even getting past #2, im trying to remove MAGLDR in favour of CLK but i just keep getting the Error [260] when trying to run the Task29 option. Ive got the following details dunno if its much help.

Andriod 2.2
SPL-2.08.HDSPL 8G XE
Build 2.29.405.5
Kernal 2.6.32.15
Rom Manager v4.3.2.4
aMAGLDR V1.13 Build Feb 1 2011

Please help

AguazeJ@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
CLk Text

After clk repartition and then i go to the text when i reboot my phone. I cant get to install clk recovery, it goes to the command prompt(Likes its supposed to) then i follow the directions than my computer just reboots, this process is over and over i need help

thankyou

Reactions: gjesi

gjesi

Jul 21, 2010
istanbul (born in Elbasan)
After clk repartition and then i go to the text when i reboot my phone. I cant get to install clk recovery, it goes to the command prompt(Likes its supposed to) then i follow the directions than my computer just reboots, this process is over and over i need help

thankyou

me too have the same issue. when trying to install clk_ recovery my pc reboots. please some help here.
:confused:

xmaskx

May 3, 2010
i cant download the files mentioned in the op. it says invalid link via vbulletin message

gjesi

Jul 21, 2010
istanbul (born in Elbasan)
1- :confused: please can anybody give a help? I'm stucked at cLK screen for all day. it doesn't go through and install clk_recovery. my pc reboots on any attempt to "enject" clk_recovery to my phone. what can I do?
2- :confused: my phone turned off now and it seems "dead". it doesn't wake up when I press power button, nor when I pull off the battery and try to turn it on again. I think (at my best optimism) the battery is empty. it doesn't give any life sign even when I plug the charger. I don't have any external charger, nor a second HD2. what can I do?
please help me. :(

dr dish

Apr 7, 2010
12) Download this file and your favourite rom.

13) Choose "mounts and storage" on recovery and choose "USB Mount" after that. Then copy both of those files into your sd card on your computer. Unmount after you finish copying. Press back button on your phone to go back to main screen.

the file is not available can you please re-upload it or give another link to it or its name to search for it
thank you

martiros

Apr 8, 2008
me too

13) Choose "mounts and storage" on recovery and choose "USB Mount" after that. Then copy both of those files into your sd card on your computer. Unmount after you finish copying. Press back button on your phone to go back to main screen.

the file is not available can you please re-upload it or give another link to it or its name to search for it
thank you

i have the same problem :(

biotoxic937

Apr 3, 2010
Oise
dead links

hello,
the link of "this file" in the 2 and 3 post are dead
do you have a new link or processed a new upload please

Number 8

Oct 11, 2010
Zapadni Kolodvor
Want to switch from MAGLDR to cLk but that arif-alis file is missing.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Anyone have it? Reupload TS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!Warning!! Oops no warnings for this post :D

I am pretty sure that lot of you are waiting for someone to post a tutorial on how to change from MAGLDR to cLK without losing rom or anything. So here you go.

Changing from MAGLDR to cLK without losing any data.

So, without talking, lets start the job :)

1) Go to this link and download HD2 Toolkit i made for making easier to download stuff.

2) Extract the zip file to some folder, and open HD2_Installer.exe
    yT36.jpg

3) Power off your phone, and hold power button till you get into MAGLDR menu. Then choose "AD Recovery" and go to recovery. Backup your current rom by going to "backup and restore" -> "backup". Make sure your sd card is not full.

4) Follow the instructions #3 to #11 from second post.

3) Click Wipe (Task29) Button.
    LI9h.png

4) A new window will open. Carefully follow the steps given on the tool. And you will come back to HD2 Toolkit after the tool completes its work.
    yEc0.jpg

System Partition Size:
    120 MB For AOSP Roms
    150 MB For Cyanogenmod/Miui Roms
    450 MB For Sense Roms
    (These are just average sizes for most roms, if the rom maker has specified a partition size, flash that.)

5) Choose cLK Repartition, Choose System Partition Size, Choose Cache Size and press Repartition Button.
    nD0z.png

6) Press OK on next screen.
    R7GH.jpg

7) A new window will open again. Carefully follow the steps given on the tool. And you will come back to HD2 Toolkit after the tool completes its work.
    HnIE.jpg

8) You phone will reboot an get stuck on a screen with some text.

9) Choose cLK Install Recovery and press Update.
    k8Fh.png

10) Click yes on next Window.
    bCS8.jpg

11) A new command window will open, follow instructions there and you will come back to HD2 Installer after it completes. When your phone reboots, keep holding the home button. Your phone will get into recovery if you do it properly.
    ujnG.jpg

5) Download this file .

6) Choose "mounts and storage" on recovery and choose "USB Mount" after that. Then copy both of those files into your sd card on your computer. Unmount after you finish copying. Press back button on your phone to go back to main screen.

7) Go to "backup and restore" -> restore and choose your backup file and restore.

8) Then install the other file you copied to your sd card. (Credit goes to arif-ali for the file, dont forget to thank him :D )

9) Reboot, and everything should work like it used to work before. :)

Hope this helps as well. :) Have a great day guys.
    Well, this is something that has been asked to me a lot. And to be honest, i was trying to get the answer to these question a few weeks ago. But i have finally prepared a step by step guide on both topic, Running Any Android Rom on cLK and Switching to cLK from MAGLDR. But first, lets see what cLK has to offer compared to MAGLDR. (It doesn't necessarily mean that cLK is better than MAGLDR or MAGLDR is better than cLK)

1) cLK is open source unlike MAGLDR, which means we can modify anything we want and make it better. And there will likely be a lot more updates than MAGLDR because everyone can use the source code and release a new version (for example: arif-ali's cLK 1.4.0.1)
    2) cLK has native android like functions with fastboot.
    3) cLK does not show any screen between the kernel and spl (the go go go screen), so it feels more like native android.
    4) cLK supports fastboot mode (more native android feel)
    5) cLK supports use of rom manager

These are just some things i figured out while using cLK, but there are a lots of other things that i have forgot to mention. This doesnt necessarily mean that you should use clk, magldr has a lots of other features that are better than clk like sd boot, windows support, boot menu, tetris :)D ?) and few more. But if you feel like switching to clk, then this guide should help you out. :D

Post #2 - Running any MAGLDR rom on cLK
    Post #3 - Changing from MAGLDR to cLK without losing any data.

Note: I dont take any responsibility for any damage caused by the use of this guide/tools. Use it at your own risk :)

Credits:
    CharnSingh for improved kernel.
    arif-ali for making an flashable zip with beta ril wrapper :)
    Everyone else i forgot :D
    !!Warning!! You are warned not to use cLK at any cost if you are a tetris fan! :D (JK)
    !!Warning!! Some sense roms using RAM method might not work using this method! :D

Not finding a lots of roms for cLK might be one of the reasons why you havent switched to cLK yet. But not anymore, since there is a way to run most magldr roms on cLK. So lets start it step by step:

Running any MAGLDR rom on cLK
    1) Go to this link and download HD2 Toolkit i made for making easier to download stuff.

2) Extract the zip file to some folder, and open HD2_Installer.exe
    yT36.jpg

3) Click Wipe (Task29) Button.
    LI9h.png

4) A new window will open. Carefully follow the steps given on the tool. And you will come back to HD2 Toolkit after the tool completes its work.
    yEc0.jpg

System Partition Size:
    120 MB For AOSP Roms
    150 MB For Cyanogenmod/Miui Roms
    450 MB For Sense Roms
    (These are just average sizes for most roms, if the rom maker has specified a partition size, flash that.)

5) Choose cLK Repartition, Choose System Partition Size, Choose Cache Size and press Repartition Button.
    nD0z.png

6) Press OK on next screen.
    R7GH.jpg

7) A new window will open again. Carefully follow the steps given on the tool. And you will come back to HD2 Toolkit after the tool completes its work.
    HnIE.jpg

8) You phone will reboot an get stuck on a screen with some text.

9) Choose cLK Install Recovery and press Update.
    k8Fh.png

10) Click yes on next Window.
    bCS8.jpg

11) A new command window will open, follow instructions there and you will come back to HD2 Installer after it completes. When your phone reboots, keep holding the home button. Your phone will get into recovery if you do it properly.
    ujnG.jpg

14) Choose "install zip from sdcard" option and isntall the rom first.

15) Install the other downloaded file now (Credit goes to arif-ali for the file, dont forget to thank him :D )

16) Reboot! And you are done :)

I hope this helped. Any suggestions/comments welcome.
    Step 11 is not working for me, too. The cmd stucks at " <Waiting for device> "!!!
    What to do now?

Hanbam, i had the same problem. I fixed it by installing the Google USB Driver. All instructions and links are here

http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Perhaps something to add to a FAQ?

Greets

Ciss