Getting started with ROM Manager & ClockworkMod
Skip to Part B if you have already rooted your phone.
- a) Rooting your phone
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development. Enable the option USB debugging, and wait for the debugging drivers to be automatically installed onto your PC.
- On your PC, download the latest release of super1click.
- Run super1click and click the Root button. Follow all of the prompts given by the application, but make sure that you choose yes to the prompt on whether to install busybox.
- Continue to the next part when your phone is successfully rooted.
- b) Installing ROM Manager & ClockworkMod
- Install ROM Manager from the Google Play store.
- Open the ROM Manager application. Choose the option Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, and confirm the phone model as Huawei U8160.
- After downloading the recovery image, a Superuser prompt will ask you for permission for the application to have root access. You should Allow this action.
- ClockworkMod should now be flashed to your phone.
- Excessive bass/distortion at >70% volume - workaround in v1.2.
Before you ask...
- Kernel 2.6.32:
- CPU & AHB overclock supported up to 768Mhz, but default frequencies (122-600Mhz) are used by default for safety/stability reasons
- Built-in support for CIFS, TUN, compcache (ramzswap)
- Multitouch Synaptics touchscreen driver
- Added extra CPU schedulers: interactiveX, smartassV2 (default)
- Added extra IO schedulers: BFQ, VIO, SIO (default)
- Updated Android staging drivers from 2.6.35 kernel
- Patches to improve CyanogenMod compatibility (e.g. USB tethering)
- Various other stability & performance patches.
I have no interest or intention to further "mod" the ROM with any kind of hacks or customizations (like custom apps, themes, Swype, etc.). My only aim is to have a 100% stable port of Cyanogen code. Any such requests will be ignored.
You must follow these instructions exactly, or I will
ignore your requests. Provide the following information:
Alternate download location:
- The version of the ROM you are using (to confirm that you have the latest release)
- Report any customizations you have made to the ROM (themes, system apps, etc.)
- Describe the problem clearly, including steps on how I can reproduce the issue.
- Provide a logcat from your system taken just after the issue has occurred. To take a logcat, you enter this command from your PC: adb shell logcat -d >c:\logcat.txt. Copy and paste this log to pastebin.com, and provide the link.
- If I ask you to re-test the issue after a data-wipe, do the following: reboot into ClockworkMod, perform a full backup, then data-wipe, reboot and retest the issue, giving a new log if necessary. You can then reboot into ClockworkMod and restore your data backup.
I would prefer if everybody used the ROM Manager application to download & install my ROMs. If you need to download from the PC, however, you can use this